Big Elban of Graham Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Rocks

Reaction score
I am interested in these bulls does anyone have pictures of any of the older ones? Around the 1980s. One I was looking at was Big Elban of Graham 18612. Any semen floating around?

Not a lot of them were collected in the overall big picture. There is some semen around on a few Graham bulls. That was an interesting program with some width of genetics. So if you find semen you have to know what to expect from a particular bull, the era they were in or how outcrossed they were. I never understood so few bulls being collected. There are probably reasons but they vary from breed politics to actual quality issues.

I went to ai class last weekend and the instructor said that 70% of semen gets throw out or disposed of. That gets expensive

A high level of disposal is due to the habit of promoting hope rather than promoting proven function. In reality, more ought to be dumped than is. There are semen resale sites all over the place and so much of what is offered is not going to do what some hope it will. Part of the game. Buyer beware.

Yep agree with that everybody can use a calculator but some calculate to much and it don't add up.

I handled a few back in the day...
they were generally pretty good quality cattle good growth.

they could be a little Hot to handle...

Just seen some 3yr old grand daughters sale out of him, top side, bottom slot of Grahm, brought 1200 with 400lb calf on side, 1100lb cows. Were bred at hill vue angus in Chattanooga might touch base with them.

Latest posts