Bright Raven

Reaction score
Pakistan has some of the World Record Size cattle:
26405u8.jpg

eryc6w.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1eas62wd said:
Naw - the people are just little.
LOL
Are their ankle "cuffs" hooked together??

The shackles can be chained to act as hobbles. People in Asia have lived with bovines for hundreds of years. They are frequently kept around the dwellings like we keep dogs or cats.

Son of Butch":2yl7s73k said:
And yet ya still can't even give away a Simmental in Pakistan due to calving ease. :)
You are pretty antiquated in your thinking. You need to re-visit the modern Simmental here in the great US of A.
Last report I read, the breed is easier calving than the Hereford and within 1% of Angus - but as I type this, I tried to find some official report, but no, can't find anything.

Txpiney":3ctdjwic said:
Bright Raven":3ctdjwic said:
26405u8.jpg

eryc6w.jpg
That's one heck of a Holstein I that second pic

Both of those are Cholistani. A Zebu breed that has deep roots in Pakistan. Most cattle have Middle Eastern ancestory. They were breeding cattle before Great Britain existed.

Geneticist and anthropologists previously suspected that ancient Africans domesticated cattle native to the African continent nearly 10,000 years ago. Now, a team of University of Missouri researchers has completed the genetic history of 134 cattle breeds from around the world. In the process of completing this history, they found that ancient domesticated African cattle originated in the "Fertile Crescent," a region that covered modern day Iraq, Jordan, Syria and Israel.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 121025.htm

Bright Raven":2f0v2ubz said:
Txpiney":2f0v2ubz said:
Bright Raven":2f0v2ubz said:
26405u8.jpg

eryc6w.jpg

Both of those are Cholistani. A Zebu breed that has deep roots in Pakistan. Most cattle have Middle Eastern ancestory. They were breeding cattle before Great Britain existed.

Geneticist and anthropologists previously suspected that ancient Africans domesticated cattle native to the African continent nearly 10,000 years ago. Now, a team of University of Missouri researchers has completed the genetic history of 134 cattle breeds from around the world. In the process of completing this history, they found that ancient domesticated African cattle originated in the "Fertile Crescent," a region that covered modern day Iraq, Jordan, Syria and Israel.

That is interesting, and I was making a yoke. I still can't use emojis

Txpiney":h2rsnuzk said:
Bright Raven":h2rsnuzk said:
Txpiney":h2rsnuzk said:

That is interesting, and I was making a yoke. I still can't use emojis

I was almost positive you were making a yoke. Lol

BRYANT":fwpnz6u2 said:
So what will them two each weigh does anyone know?

The top one is listed as one of the all time 10 biggest bulls in the world. 3600 pounds. The biggest bull ever is listed at 2 tons - 4000 pounds.

Bright Raven":61m580vx said:
26405u8.jpg

3,600 lbs
The biggest I've seen in person was a 3,100 lb Brown Swiss Bull at Select Sires in the '80s.
He's the only 3,000 lb bull I ever saw (saw a 2,900 pounder once) and this boy looks like he'd eat his lunch.

Age claims are generally disputed, seems every researcher wants to claim oldest to aid/increase research money.
It's been long established mankind started as hunter/gatherers and extensive cultivation/domestication got going in
full swing with the Bronze Age in 3300 bc. Small food plots and herds were kept several hundred years prior 4000 bc.
Rice was cultivated by the Chinese in 5700 bc before that it was gathered, beyond that it's mostly speculation.
But seems most seeds were gathered and not cultivated before then and I would expect animal domestication to fall
inline with the history of cultivation.

Son of Butch":1v2reviz said:
Age claims are generally disputed, seems every researcher wants to claim oldest to aid/increase research money.
It's been long established mankind started as hunter/gatherers and extensive cultivation/domestication got going in full swing with the Bronze Age in 3300 bc. Small food plots and herds were kept several hundred years prior 4000 bc.
Rice was cultivated by the Chinese in 5700 bc before that it was gathered, beyond that it's mostly speculation.
But seems most seeds were gathered and not cultivated before then and I would expect animal domestication to fall inline with the history of cultivation.

THE FERTILE CRESCENT
vfcoky.png

The Fertile Crescent (also known as the "cradle of civilization") is a crescent-shaped region where agriculture and early human civilizations like the Sumer and Ancient Egypt flourished due to inundations from the surrounding Nile, Euphrates, and Tigris rivers. Technological advances in the region include the development of writing, glass, the wheel, agriculture, and the use of irrigation.

The region also gave mankind 3 of the "Great Religions of the World". First, Judaism from which Christianity evolved. Then later Islam.

I always thought that the full blood Chianina was as a whole the largest cattle. With mature Bulls weighing up to 4000 lbs. The biggest bull I have seen first hand was a Charolais that if I remember correctly weighed 3200 lbs. and stood over 70 inches tall.

Ky hills":5c3o7o2i said:
I always thought that the full blood Chianina was as a whole the largest cattle. With mature Bulls weighing up to 4000 lbs. The biggest bull I have seen first hand was a Charolais that if I remember correctly weighed 3200 lbs. and stood over 70 inches tall.

Chianina as a breed are the largest cattle. A charolais bull in Great Britain has been weighed at 2 tons. Some of the huge bovines in Asia are non-registered crosses. Difficult to prove a pedigree.

Ky hills":1njraukw said:

This is Field Marshall - Great Britain 3,682.
efl7vb.jpg

Latest posts