Big Bucks Bull Drop

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Because dignity is overrated when promoting the Big Bucks Bull Drop, one of our most successful annual fundraisers for the children in the court system in our county. Yes, Ladies & Gentlemen, in our neck of the woods people fork over their hard earned cash to watch a bull poop in an arena, hopefully in their square, for a chance to win up to $10K (used to be $5K). If he poops in more than one square we actually weigh it to determine the winner. Last year we partnered with 4-H in conjunction with their annual calf fry (who wouldn't want to eat a plate of 'nads while watching a bull poop?) & this year we're partnering with the high school. Classy? Not so much. Fun & for a good cause? Definitely :)

:lol: Sounds like fun! I want the square closest to the exit gate. Cause that's where he will be standing! :mrgreen:

branguscowgirl":12c4h4bh said:
:lol: Sounds like fun! I want the square closest to the exit gate. Cause that's where he will be standing! :mrgreen:

Exactly! Which is why the audience is allowed to toss cubes in the arena. In the event the bull refuses to be bribed, the rancher that supplies the bull trots around on his horse to get the bull a little fired up - and to expedite the outcome (3 hours a few years ago was waaaay too long). Corner squares automatically get $50 because their chances of winning are essentially zilch.

TexasBred":2u2tuscm said:
Have seen it before but they used a real cow/bull.

LOL! Promoting it with a real bull would probably result in a lawsuit & I guarantee I will not further debase myself by "dropping". We definitely use real bulls, last year we even used two (so which ever one pooped first).

TCRanch":1qvcplei said:
TexasBred":1qvcplei said:

LOL! Promoting it with a real bull would probably result in a lawsuit & I guarantee I will not further debase myself by "dropping". We definitely use real bulls, last year we even used two (so which ever one pooped first).
Never heard of any lawsuits out of it. Just do it in a corral where the animal is completely confined, lay out your squares and number them and let the bull/cow/goat or whatever have at it. I've heard of some folks even using chickens.

TexasBred":1aora5da said:
TCRanch":1aora5da said:
TexasBred":1aora5da said:

Never heard of any lawsuits out of it. Just do it in a corral where the animal is completely confined, lay out your squares and number them and let the bull/cow/goat or whatever have at it. I've heard of some folks even using chickens.

The actual Bull Drop is in an arena, completely confined, not until Nov 1st. We're currently only promoting it/selling tickets at local events - bringing a live bull into the Vendor Tent is clearly not an option.

TCRanch":1xordvb5 said:
The actual Bull Drop is in an arena, completely confined, not until Nov 1st. We're currently only promoting it/selling tickets at local events - bringing a live bull into the Vendor Tent is clearly not an option.
Nobody even considered that.

I've seen the same premise used with donkeys and even chickens--as well as cows.

It don't always work out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH0get5LWYE

Saw another one in San Angelo where they used a calf--bad idea. Must have kept it overnight on a hot feed--squirted green all over the numbered checkerboard as soon as they turned it in.

greybeard":2ui3ov3e said:
I've seen the same premise used with donkeys and even chickens--as well as cows.

Saw another one in San Angelo where they used a calf--bad idea. Must have kept it overnight on a hot feed--squirted green all over the numbered checkerboard as soon as they turned it in.
I guess 4 or 5 had to split the pot huh?? :lol2:

greybeard":1bl6t6sw said:

Definitely going to have to make arrangements for 2 bulls again this year! The 3 hour wait was bad enough - that would be a disaster if they didn't go :oops:

rnh2":sgrlx0gj said:
How much per ticket?

$20 for a chance to win up to $10K. We're selling 1,000 tickets this year; winner gets half the profit of however many are actually sold and the other half is split between the non-profit (CASA) and the high school (so if we only sell 900 tickets the winner would get $9K). This is a small community and quite often the winner donates at least a portion back, which is amazing (plus a write-off on their taxes).