Big Boom

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Tonight I was out driving just before 6 oclock, dark outside, found a smooth road in houston (hard to find), and all the sudden something scary happens. The entire sky just lit up bright orange, the sky gets dark again and I can see huge flames shooting up all over. Seconds later I hear this extremely loud boom, and everything starts shaking. This boom was soo loud that it left my ears ringing just like I sat right next to the speaker at a concert. I turn the radio to the news station to see what happened. Turns out a chemical plant blew up. I was about 10 miles from the explosion too. At home about 15 miles from the explosion the entire house shook like a car drove into it. I got out to the farm where I could see the flames in the air and constantly smaller explosions every few seconds for over an hour. Pretty amazing stuff. Later on I found out that the shockwave was felt over 20 miles away and the explosion was heard as far away as Conroe, which is about 55 miles away. Amazingly, there are not deaths reported. Several injuries, but nothing severe. I guess if there were any deaths from that, they wont find any remains.

Hey, sure hope that there's no toxic fumes that you might be in danger from. Glad to hear that you're safe, TXcountryboy. Poor souls who were injured!

Take care and stay safe!

They have already said there were no hazardous fumes from it. Only thing that may harm some people is extreme amounts of smoke. There was so much smoke it showed up on the radar when they were telling the weather.

Latest posts