big ass rat'ler

Help Support CattleToday:

That looks like a 'good' snake.
Good and dead. :nod:
Wonder what they used to kill it?

That's why I'm not much of a fisherman.
I'll start fishing in the spring and when I see the first snake I quit fishing and go to hunting snakes.
I would rather kill a snake than catch a fish any day.

Ryder":1ffk3ilt said:

I'll start fishing in the spring and when I see the first snake I quit fishing and go to hunting snakes.

LOL here we have black snakes that are not poisonous and rarely bite that i let live because they eat the GD MICE in the barn that love feed and seed bags and leave there mark everywhere

I would have to have official documentation to believe the story, too many doctored pictures of hogs,squirrels, snakes, alligators and all sort of varmints .

skyhightree1":3scamite said:
LOL here we have black snakes that are not poisonous and rarely bite that i let live because they eat the GD MICE in the barn that love feed and seed bags and leave there mark everywhere

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Those Black snakes are welcome here too! They will eat the occasional chicken egg, but that's a small price to pay for all the mice and rats they eat.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1z6psb6p said:
skyhightree1":1z6psb6p said:

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Those Black snakes are welcome here too! They will eat the occasional chicken egg, but that's a small price to pay for all the mice and rats they eat.

Katherine

Exactly.. now copperheads or mocassins get a 12 gauge load of bird shot.

I bumped into a big one today(not THAT big) probably four foot and ten rattles which is HUGE here. I was really happy to be on my sane mare as we both spotted him about the same time and it was a one stirrup scraping the side of the mountain and the other stirrup hanging out into the blue clear sky point in time when we spotted him. We made it work and got on by him but he was uphill and about eye level when I went past. I could have touched him if I had any inclination to :yuck: .
I usually leave them be. I've accepted that they have a place in our world and I hate rats and ground squirrels almost as much as I hate snakes. I kill the rattlers if they're somewhere where I need to be and don't want to worry about them lurking there But otherwise I leave them alone... That being said. I'd like to go kill that big sumbytch that made us do the "see how far we can slide and still stop" dance today.

Ryder":2y6kmvar said:

I am with you when it comes to rattlesnakes. I will go out of my way to kill one.

That snake was killed in Levy county Florida. I never did hear how long it actually was but it was big enough to make me kill myself trying to get away from it.

Last time I saw that snake a fellow swore it was killed in Green County MS, near Leaksville. Think he said he knew the fellow in the photo. That's when the crap started about how many rattles he has and how he's stiffing arming for the better effects. Who knows?

This is the 3rd time I've seen this snake on the internet. Killed in Mississippi, Florida and now Texas. He started out in Mississippi and was 8ft long, he's been growing. That snake isn't over 6ft. For one thing that guy is holding him way away from himself and close to the camera. Also that guy is not all that tall look at him compared to the truck, if that snake was even over 7ft he would be touching the ground. I'm not saying the snake isn't big but nowhere close to 8ft. If that snake was over 9ft I'm not sure he could hold him up on the end of a pole.

Here is how you show how big a snake is.

IMAG1196.jpg

Re-looked at the picture, the ratters, the tip of the tail where the ratters are attached ,about 2 ft up do not look natural for a rattlesnake, it looks painted in or digitally altered . It just ain't natural.