big ass rat'ler

Help Support CattleToday:

We mainly have Timber rattler's here most are under 5 foot and that is a big scary snake, over the year's we have killed a couple over 6 foot. Killed one big boy right at six foot that was cream colored no mark's on him. Have no clue if it was a Timber or Eastern Diamondback that was an anomoly.
I got a picture on my phone of a 4'10" Timber rattler I killed a couple of week's ago, I am just to dumb to figure out how to get it on photobucket.

You should not be playing with that phone in snake country. Especially not texting. Pay attention to where you are walking. Next thing you know some blue rattler will sneak up and grab a-holt of you.

skyhightree1":1tnyy7lc said:
Ryder":1tnyy7lc said:
That looks like a 'good' snake.
Good and dead. :nod:
Wonder what they used to kill it?

That's why I'm not much of a fisherman.
I'll start fishing in the spring and when I see the first snake I quit fishing and go to hunting snakes.
I would rather kill a snake than catch a fish any day.

LOL here we have black snakes that are not poisonous and rarely bite that i let live because they eat the GD MICE in the barn that love feed and seed bags and leave there mark everywhere

rarely--means occasionally, not always, but sometimes have been known to and probably will again in th future..
The Good Lord, in His infinite wisdom, made garden hoes specifically to rid the world of the evil serpents---Get the hoe.

greybeard":3n6kj0ub said:
skyhightree1":3n6kj0ub said:
Ryder":3n6kj0ub said:

I'll start fishing in the spring and when I see the first snake I quit fishing and go to hunting snakes.

LOL here we have black snakes that are not poisonous and rarely bite that i let live because they eat the GD MICE in the barn that love feed and seed bags and leave there mark everywhere

rarely--means occasionally, not always, but sometimes have been known to and probably will again in th future..
The Good Lord, in His infinite wisdom, made garden hoes specifically to rid the world of the evil serpents---Get the hoe.
Listen to greybeard. He has wisdom
He didn't live long enough to get wisdom by being stupid.

ALACOWMAN":z03ogiiy said:
black racers will bite... and have to pry them off..
Those that have ears to hear and eyes to see, take note.
You can learn by experience--the hard way.
Or you can learn by listening to others that have gone before you and learn an easier way.
One would be well advised to listen to alacowman and greybeard.
Larry and a few others will tell you the same thing.

Here you go Ryder I get to play with these on a regular basis.
He was still moving around some even with 3 380 slug's in him when I threw him in the truck.
I decided it best to wait till he was all the way dead before measureing.

Caustic Burno":1epunvpw said:
He was still moving around some even with 3 380 slug's in him when I threw him in the truck.
they move around after their skint out, and gutted... so Ryder is pretty much screwed any way he turns... :lol2:

ALACOWMAN":2f6ua54q said:
Caustic Burno":2f6ua54q said:
they move around after their skint out, and gutted... so Ryder is pretty much screwed any way he turns... :lol2:
How you figuring that?
I get to just keep on beating and chopping on 'em.
I renounce and take back anything I said suggesting people listen to you for advice.
Actually I doubt if you know anything about black snakes. :roll:
They keep wiggling until the sun goes down. Everybody knows that. :lol2:

Ryder that boy in the back of the truck will make you wish for one of those black runner's.
That black runner can't hurt you, he can make you hurt yourself.

Ryder":2uk3l4cf said:
ALACOWMAN":2uk3l4cf said:
Caustic Burno":2uk3l4cf said:
How you figuring that?
I get to just keep on beating and chopping on 'em.
I renounce and take back anything I said suggesting people listen to you for advice.
Actually I doubt if you know anything about black snakes. :roll:
They keep wiggling until the sun goes down. Everybody knows that. :lol2:
ill make a solid bet, that ive caught more black snakes than you've seen :cowboy:

greybeard":19mbvz6p said:
skyhightree1":19mbvz6p said:
Ryder":19mbvz6p said:

Amen, So be it and Amen.

Larry

Ryder":2p4tfke8 said:
ALACOWMAN":2p4tfke8 said:
black racers will bite... and have to pry them off..
Those that have ears to hear and eyes to see, take note.
You can learn by experience--the hard way.
Or you can learn by listening to others that have gone before you and learn an easier way.
One would be well advised to listen to alacowman and greybeard.
Larry and a few others will tell you the same thing.

You speak the truth my snake hating brother.

Larry