Bez+ Wins One Million Dollars!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bez+

Reaction score
Well, I wish it was true - anyone want to follow up on this?

I think I will delete it but before I do I will offer it up to those who might want to play.

Be careful though - sometimes they play rough when they play back

Where is the dot VN located? Anyone know?

Love the grammar mistakes - copied as received from email - have fun

Bez+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REF No: UK/9580X2/45‏

Sent: September 28, 2009 12:05:59 AM
To:

You have won for a cash prize of One million held on th 21 th of September2009 in London .The selection process was carried out through randomselection in our computerized email selection system(ess) from a databaseof over 250,000 email addresses drawn from which you were selected.

please contact our claims agent; Dr. Pinkett GriffinEmail: [email protected]

Provide him with the information below:
1.Full Name:
2.Full Address:
3.Marital Status:
4.Occupation:
5.Age:
6.Sex:
7.Nationality:
8.Country Of Residence:
9.Telephone Number:

Regards,Ptchc

Make sure that you go ahead and give them your ssn and banking info too. You're going to be a wealthy man soon!!! :mrgreen:

That's chump change I have ~$100 million ++ waiting for me in a dozen or so accounts in Nigeria (if I believed anything in my email).

The sad thing is they wouldn't do this if people didn't buy into the scam. I never dreamed I would actually know someone so gullible but I was wrong.

Yes they just want the routing and account numbers so they can suck the cash out of your account electronically. They probably get the names and social security numbers too (when they can) and use the ID too borrow money they never pay back, get jobs, health care, and market fake IDs.

Debt collectors are about as bad. I had one guy call me once on my cell phone saying they owned a $27000 judgement against me in NC. The address (heck the town and county) was different than the ones I had in NC and they had my name spelled wrong. And I would have remembered a $27,000 debt and IF I did it was over ten years ago anyway and not legally collectable. I told them I didn't have that, didn't owe that, and they will just have to sue me for it. They put the manager on the phone and he said they would settle the whole deal for $1700 and make it go away. I said NO, he said $1100 but it had to be today......or it is going to their legal department. I told them I could do $1100, just email me the court papers, all the details, and I will swing it by my attorney's office and if he signs off on it all I could do an electronic check with them today. Never got an email or a call back. Never heard anything from them ever again. My lawyer said I wouldn't and thought it was hilarious. But there is no telling how many people give those fools money over the phone like that. Just two $1100 checks a day would be a nice living and there is always a chance that some fool will send you the whole $27,000. IF a collector refuses to mail you a copy of their settlement offer, you are usually getting swindled.

Brandonm22":3ii4dsyx said:
Yes they just want the routing and account numbers so they can suck the cash out of your account electronically. They probably get the names and social security numbers too (when they can) and use the ID too borrow money they never pay back, get jobs, health care, and market fake IDs.

Debt collectors are about as bad. I had one guy call me once on my cell phone saying they owned a $27000 judgement against me in NC. The address (heck the town and county) was different than the ones I had in NC and they had my name spelled wrong. And I would have remembered a $27,000 debt and IF I did it was over ten years ago anyway and not legally collectable. I told them I didn't have that, didn't owe that, and they will just have to sue me for it. They put the manager on the phone and he said they would settle the whole deal for $1700 and make it go away. I said NO, he said $1100 but it had to be today......or it is going to their legal department. I told them I could do $1100, just email me the court papers, all the details, and I will swing it by my attorney's office and if he signs off on it all I could do an electronic check with them today. Never got an email or a call back. Never heard anything from them ever again. My lawyer said I wouldn't and thought it was hilarious. But there is no telling how many people give those fools money over the phone like that. Just two $1100 checks a day would be a nice living and there is always a chance that some fool will send you the whole $27,000. IF a collector refuses to mail you a copy of their settlement offer, you are usually getting swindled.

I used to be a collector and if they make you a settlement offer they are not required to send you one (a settlement letter) out unless you request it. Also, there is no statute of limitations on debt technically. The only time debt would go away or would expire would be when you expire. We used to get dead beats all the time saying the statute of limitations has run out blah blah blah. Then they would wind up crapping their pants when we took em to court.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1gy38uug said:
I used to be a collector and if they make you a settlement offer they are not required to send you one (a settlement letter) out unless you request it. Also, there is no statute of limitations on debt technically. The only time debt would go away or would expire would be when you expire. We used to get dead beats all the time saying the statute of limitations has run out blah blah blah. Then they would wind up crapping their pants when we took em to court.

Correct on the first part. They have no obligation to send you a written contract offer UNLESS you ask for it (ALWAYS demand a written contract). The second part is patently UNTRUE. Consumer debt DOES have a statute of limitations (student loan debt, IRS debt, and some other type of accounts does not). It is generally your obligation though to notify the loan holder/collector in WRITING that you renounce the claim and be careful because making ANY payment or charge on an account resets that account (and you had better keep a copy of all that forever). You can't make a $30 payment and then renounce the debt next week even if the account was over ten years old. Any consumer debt collector who tells you that you can not renounce consumer debt is a liar. Every state has different laws (AL and NC both have 3 year statutes of limitations on credit card debt) so check with your attorney before doing anything or agreeing to anything.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/200 ... sp?caret=8

Unfortunately, I know of two different ladies who fell prey to this. One was an APS client and the other was my aunt, who had Alzheimer's. These guys should be shot.

Brandonm22":3jq4mdxz said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":3jq4mdxz said:

Correct on the first part. They have no obligation to send you a written contract offer UNLESS you ask for it (ALWAYS demand a written contract). The second part is patently UNTRUE. Consumer debt DOES have a statute of limitations (student loan debt, IRS debt, and some other type of accounts does not). It is generally your obligation though to notify the loan holder/collector in WRITING that you renounce the claim and be careful because making ANY payment or charge on an account resets that account (and you had better keep a copy of all that forever). You can't make a $30 payment and then renounce the debt next week even if the account was over ten years old. Any consumer debt collector who tells you that you can not renounce consumer debt is a liar. Every state has different laws (AL and NC both have 3 year statutes of limitations on credit card debt) so check with your attorney before doing anything or agreeing to anything.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/200 ... sp?caret=8

So your callin me a liar? I wonder then why we were able to sue all these people with 10 year old medical bills and credit card bills and win in court? I've even taken peoples homes from them. Not that I wanted to but did it because it was my job.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1is0in2r said:
So your callin me a liar? I wonder then why we were able to sue all these people with 10 year old medical bills and credit card bills and win in court? I've even taken peoples homes from them. Not that I wanted to but did it because it was my job.

Maybe the law changed or the state laws may be different. Both of you are probably right.

I've always wondered what kind of person could take away someones home. Now I know.

Walt

Here is another link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4864781_old-unp ... -debt.html

"I wonder then why we were able to sue all these people with 10 year old medical bills and credit card bills and win in court? I've even taken peoples homes from them. Not that I wanted to but did it because it was my job."

Because you LIED to them and conned them in to making a partial payment or a promise of a payment, thus acknowledging the debt and resetting the statute of limitations making a worthless and uncollectable debt into a real and collectable one. What you did is legalized THEFT and is unmitigated EVIL.........of course they got in this mess in the first place by robbing the original creditor (though the amount really owed is likely far less than 10% of the final debt after all the late fees, penalties, legal fees, court costs, and absurd compound interest was added by the totally evil debt collectors) so arguably there really is no good guy in any of these transactions. Another way collectors collect on garbage debt is they file suit, the guy ignores the summons and doesn't show up to speak up for themselves, the judge makes a default judgement on behalf of the plaintiffs without ever hearing the case, then whammo the evil lying scumbag collection agency STEALS the persons' money and even their house. As Dave Ramsey says debt collection agencies BREAK federal law each and every day as part of ordinary business. If the laws on the books were actually enforced somewhat regularly most debt collectors would go to federal prison.

Before acknowledging, paying off, ignoring, or disavowing an old debt (whether you owe it or not) PLEASE talk to your attorney as dotting the i s and crossing the t s varies from state to state and from case to case.

I got this one today. It is particularly bad..........

"Hello,

My name is Mrs .Tracy Donald.I am a dying woman who had decided to donate what
I have to you. I am 59 years old and was diagnosed for cancer about 2 years
ago, Kindly Contact my lawyer through this email address ([email protected]) if you are interested in carrying out this task,so that he can arrange the release of the funds($10,500,000.00) to you. My lawyer's name is Barrister Bello Anderson.I know I have never met you but my mind tells me to do this,and i hope you act sincerely.

Thanks and God bless you Aburdantly."

Mrs. Tracy Donald."

I already checked and Barrister Bello Anderson appears on the Nigerian spammers list:

http://www.nigerianspam.com/nigerian-spammers-name.htm

Brandonm22":12cbkre0 said:
I got this one today. It is particularly bad..........

"Hello,

My name is Mrs .Tracy Donald.I am a dying woman who had decided to donate what
I have to you. I am 59 years old and was diagnosed for cancer about 2 years
ago, Kindly Contact my lawyer through this email address ([email protected]) if you are interested in carrying out this task,so that he can arrange the release of the funds($10,500,000.00) to you. My lawyer's name is Barrister Bello Anderson.I know I have never met you but my mind tells me to do this,and i hope you act sincerely.

Thanks and God bless you Aburdantly."

Mrs. Tracy Donald."

I already checked and Barrister Bello Anderson appears on the Nigerian spammers list:

http://www.nigerianspam.com/nigerian-spammers-name.htm

Good one!

Latest posts