Beyond Meat (Fake Beef)

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here watches these market reports but if what Beyond Meat did in It's opening day on the stock market is a sign of things to come we could be in for a down turn. I think it's just a fad but you never know.

https://youtu.be/8kdKlF7S6C4

It is not a fad. The economics are clear. My son works for Eli Lilly, his largest investment is weighted in synthetic meat manufacturing. The drug and meat processors are all players.

I wonder how long it'll be before they get say 50% of the population that currently eats beef to stop and make the move? I'd also like to know what the end game is. The prices I've seen for hamburger is $6 a pound, I'm sure it'll come down though. A patty made of peas that bleeds beat juice just sounds disgusting to me and what's up with that logo.

Lucky said:
I wonder how long it'll be before they get say 50% of the population that currently eats beef to stop and make the move? I'd also like to know what the end game is. The prices I've seen for hamburger is $6 a pound, I'm sure it'll come down though. A patty made of peas that bleeds beat juice just sounds disgusting to me and what's up with that logo.

The end game is cheap protein.

the end game is to be able to take out EVERYONE. ranchers, processors, feed lots..etc.

they want to make EVERYTHING in one factory, ship it out.. and make ALL the profit.

The "green new deal" is nothing but a "green money deal"

These aren't made up of peas or beat juice.. this is lab grown fake meat that will waste INSANE amounts of water and energy creating massive amounts of C02.. vs. methane with cattle.

saving the world.. eerrr.. filling pockets..

all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

cowrancher75 said:
the end game is to be able to take out EVERYONE. ranchers, processors, feed lots..etc.

they want to make EVERYTHING in one factory, ship it out.. and make ALL the profit.

The "green new deal" is nothing but a "green money deal"

These aren't made up of peas or beat juice.. this is lab grown fake meat that will waste INSANE amounts of water and energy creating massive amounts of C02.. vs. methane with cattle.

saving the world.. eerrr.. filling pockets..

all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It is about money and the need for cheap high protein food. I totally disagree that it is about some "green deal". Even if it were, the investors are staunch right wing capitalists who are in it to make profits, they could not care less for the most part about the green issues.

It is not a fad. The world needs high protein food. Cattle as a food source will not compete on a long term basis. In fact, few cattle producers in Kentucky make any money now. It is 90 % "a lifestyle vocation".

It's not cheap.

https://www.instacart.com/shopping/products/3342895-beyond-meat-the-beyond-burger-8.0-oz?rid=649&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_campaign=ad_demand_prospecting_shopping&device_id=Cj0KCQjwtr_mBRDeARIsALfBZA4PtbMW76WFF_V3Ds3LjQpoYOO4mCDLpIO799Ki03wb4ymZ5INiJIYaArtBEALw_wcB&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=paid_search_nonbrand&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_food_tn_nashville_newengen&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtr_mBRDeARIsALfBZA4PtbMW76WFF_V3Ds3LjQpoYOO4mCDLpIO799Ki03wb4ymZ5INiJIYaArtBEALw_wcB

TennesseeTuxedo said:
It's not cheap.

https://www.instacart.com/shopping/products/3342895-beyond-meat-the-beyond-burger-8.0-oz?rid=649&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_campaign=ad_demand_prospecting_shopping&device_id=Cj0KCQjwtr_mBRDeARIsALfBZA4PtbMW76WFF_V3Ds3LjQpoYOO4mCDLpIO799Ki03wb4ymZ5INiJIYaArtBEALw_wcB&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=paid_search_nonbrand&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_food_tn_nashville_newengen&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtr_mBRDeARIsALfBZA4PtbMW76WFF_V3Ds3LjQpoYOO4mCDLpIO799Ki03wb4ymZ5INiJIYaArtBEALw_wcB

The companies that are players in synthetic meat manufacturing are in the innovation and research phase. Nothing on the market now is going to reflect the price relationship of synthetic meats to beef.

TennesseeTuxedo said:

Not very healthy either.

Who cares if it is healthy or not as long as investors make money.

Little humor. In the long term, that will change in favor of synthesized meats.

My son is a budding capitalist and with his resources, he needs to be. He is investing in the companies that are currently researching the process for synthesizing meats. In time, might be 20 years, it will be cheap, palatable and healthy. No way you will compete with the resources cattle require.

I don't know why they waste time with this stuff. Might as well just skip the to the end game, Soylent Green - locally-sourced and very affordable.

Didn't we hear the same crap about soybean burgers? Wild caught seafood is worth more and has a large demand compared to farm raised seafood. If the government would put a stop to funding research companies using taxpayers dollars to develop drugs we wouldn't have to worry about fake meat.