Between a Rock and a Hard Spot.....

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
A picture says a thousand words.............

roadsign.jpg

:lol2: :lol2: There have been times when I've wanted to run some of those bikers off the side of the road into gators. Down this way groups of bikers (cyclists) take up one whole lane of two way road blocking traffic. Those gators sure whould cinch up all their Spandex! :shock:

Looks like some pictures we took driving along below Lake Charles LA. I'd never seen then just sit at the side of the road before. And no, I was not going to get out and take a close up.

Definitely not around here. Gators have learned that it too easy to be loaded in the bed of a truck if they lay on the side of the road.

Jogeephus":2a1ewtvm said:
Definitely not around here. Gators have learned that it too easy to be loaded in the bed of a truck if they lay on the side of the road.

So Joe :???: We do need to hear the "Rest of the Story" :nod: :clap:

mnmtranching":1gqwy9gf said:
Jogeephus":1gqwy9gf said:

Which one? The one that involved beer or the one that didn't? :lol2:

Jogeephus":112f7z6t said:
mnmtranching":112f7z6t said:
Jogeephus":112f7z6t said:

Which one? The one that involved beer or the one that didn't? :lol2:

I'm purty sure the story with the beer involved. :clap:

kenny thomas":efxim4fn said:
Jo, do they taste like chicken. Maybe running shoes. :lol: :lol:

Really does taste like chicken but a tiny bit tougher.

As for the beer. I think I pm'ed mnmtranching about my little episode with the alligator and copious amounts of beer. You see, I was helping two of my friends plant plants on their farm and they had a cooler of beer at each end of the field. When we got to the end of the row we drank a cold one. This went on for some time and I wasn't used to it - not the work part - but the beer part. I figured I needed to get something to eat or I'd get sick. I hopped in a ford ranger and headed down the road to get a burger when I saw a tree had fallen over the road. It was about dusk so it looked like a tree anyway. But it wasn't. It was the biggest alligator I had ever seen in my life. It was stretched across the dirt road. I'm guessing it was 14-16 feet long cause that's about as wide as the road is and he took up every bit of it. In a moment of brilliance, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to kill this gator so we could have us a feast. With this in mind I drove the truck onto its back - only getting the right front tire square on him - then I put it in park and grabbed my pistol and went to get out. But when the door opened and my foot hit the ground the whole truck moved away from me as he squirmed out from under the tire. He literally moved the whole truck! All I got to see was the backside of this monster as he plowed off into the swamp. At this point I was dumbfounded and just stood there in sobering awe as my mind became clear as to all the little holes in my grand strategy. BTW - I'm pretty sure cleaning this gator's tail would have been similar to getting in the chute and cutting a brahma bull with no one holding his tail.

That is a notable happening. I'll bet that you have thought that a blue gator would be something to behold. Maybe you will get a chance at another one when you have your spray can. If you do, please post pictures.

I like hearing about the gator again. A big diesel with dualies probably wouldn't have held that guy.

What REALLY impresses me is how innovative Joe and his friends are. The having a cooler on each end of the rows shows. They have evolved faster then us upnort folk. :nod:

mnmtranching":2wctr7c8 said:
I like hearing about the gator again. A big diesel with dualies probably wouldn't have held that guy.

What REALLY impresses me is how innovative Joe and his friends are. The having a cooler on each end of the rows shows. They have evolved faster then us upnort folk. :nod:

How many times have you heard people complaining about not being able to find help on the farm? These two brothers don't have that problem. They even had people waiting around at the end of the rows waiting their turn to ride the knee kissing planter. Granted the rows are a bit crooked but what the heck you can grow more produce in a crooked row than a straight one can't cha? :lol2:

Yup! I don't see the point in straight rows or flat bottom land. I like the hills :cowboy: You have hills and crooked rows :nod: by golly you got what? 5-10% more land. :clap: Besides if you got hills [upnort] you have a place for the kids to slide 8) Glad my kids purty much grew up before the age of internet. :compute:
Whats this got to do with gators? I don't know. We Northern folk can relate to gators about like you folks down South can relate to an all out blizzard. :help:

Jogeephus":3saodhpk said:
kenny thomas":3saodhpk said:
Jo, do they taste like chicken. Maybe running shoes. :lol: :lol:

Really does taste like chicken but a tiny bit tougher.

As for the beer. I think I pm'ed mnmtranching about my little episode with the alligator and copious amounts of beer. You see, I was helping two of my friends plant plants on their farm and they had a cooler of beer at each end of the field. When we got to the end of the row we drank a cold one. This went on for some time and I wasn't used to it - not the work part - but the beer part. I figured I needed to get something to eat or I'd get sick. I hopped in a ford ranger and headed down the road to get a burger when I saw a tree had fallen over the road. It was about dusk so it looked like a tree anyway. But it wasn't. It was the biggest alligator I had ever seen in my life. It was stretched across the dirt road. I'm guessing it was 14-16 feet long cause that's about as wide as the road is and he took up every bit of it. In a moment of brilliance, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to kill this gator so we could have us a feast. With this in mind I drove the truck onto its back - only getting the right front tire square on him - then I put it in park and grabbed my pistol and went to get out. But when the door opened and my foot hit the ground the whole truck moved away from me as he squirmed out from under the tire. He literally moved the whole truck! All I got to see was the backside of this monster as he plowed off into the swamp. At this point I was dumbfounded and just stood there in sobering awe as my mind became clear as to all the little holes in my grand strategy. BTW - I'm pretty sure cleaning this gator's tail would have been similar to getting in the chute and cutting a brahma bull with no one holding his tail.

i've always wanted a pair of them alligator shoes
next time grab his shoes before he gets away...i wear a size 10 :lol2:

:lol2: :lol2: While my story illustrates my brilliance its not near as good as what a friend of mine did. Coming home from the bar one night he found a gator on the road and he wrestled it and stuck it in his trunk. The next morning his wife looked at the cuts and bruises on him and asked if he had gotten in a fight that night. He explained to her he had caught a gator for them to eat. She didn't believe him so he took her to his car and popped the trunk and laying in the trunk was a recap off a semi-truck. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

BTW- She later divorced him. I suspect it had something to do with this "gator". ;-)

Latest posts