Better than new......

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I finally got the Husqvarna 350 going....

ENgbCzE.jpg

I bought this pile of junk were somebody had tried to fix and lost parts, cylinder gone etc.

BBqvJ19.jpg

What probably destroyed the saw was the plastic clamp on the intake on the left letting in air causing a lean condition scoring the piston/cylinder. I upgraded with metal on the right from a Stihl 034.

7mUsjd5.jpg

I put a new 346xp cylinder/piston on with the moderations to the case etc.

7Bg1K0W.jpg

Upgrade the muffler with a brace, drilled holes in the studs, wired and crimp. These studs can back out causing thread damage, lean running condition and possibel case damage. With the intake and muffler upgraded it should be better than new (about bullet proof). Why Husqvarna doesn't do this I don't know.

JkT03OI.jpg

The Husqvarna 346xp NE is one of the fastest saws stock as it is rated 14700 rpms max (example Stihl MS260 13000 max) I tuned it to 14400 rpm. It is a screamer.

BwyomJY.jpg

While I was at it I lined eight up which didn't take much more time and rebuilt/refurbished, pressure/vaccuum tested, upgrade/done moderations and then electronically tune. Anybody else like fixing junk?

sCPjqOU.jpg

skyhightree1":2m6wphyp said:
pdfangus":2m6wphyp said:
I wish I had more mechanical ability.....

I wish I had the time

I rebuilt these during the evenings of the Olympics. I did get to see the curling my favorite, but missed most of the rest. A little practice, a couple hours or less can do a total rebuild. Just certain steps you have to take and take them in order or you will be doing a lot of extra work.

jltrent":26d4420v said:
skyhightree1":26d4420v said:
pdfangus":26d4420v said:
I wish I had more mechanical ability.....

I wish I had the time

I rebuilt these during the evenings of the Olympics. I did get to see the curling my favorite, but missed most of the rest. A little practice, a couple hours or less can do a total rebuild. Just certain steps you have to take and take them in order or you will be doing a lot of extra work.

That's why my saw repairman loves me I don't have the time and don't want to jack something up even more :lol: :lol:

I like to fix them and have made a little money off of them. Done an 038 Mag, a 350, 55, 290, and a couple others.

I'd like to do it more, but everybody in this area is "tinkerer", projects for a reasonable price are hard to find, and there's several loggers around, decent saws get snapped up quick.

Latest posts