Better Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I posted a pic of our herd bull, Red, awhile back. Got tore up over his condition.
Took another picture of him yesterday. Wish I had taken one last fall when he was fatter.
Branding2009011.jpg

He's the one that jumped the gate a few days ago. Guess I'm pretty glad he wasn't as fat or he would have never made it all the way over. :)
He may not look like the best bull, but he did right by our cows.

he is a nice looking bull in his working clothes.throwing good calves is all that matters.he could be a tad fatter.but i bet he would work the weight off breeding the cows.

bigbull338":3at4o17z said:
he is a nice looking bull in his working clothes.throwing good calves is all that matters.he could be a tad fatter.but i bet he would work the weight off breeding the cows.

ILH if he work's for you it don't matter what anybody think's ;-)

rattler

You don't need an overfed fluffed up bull to get my approval. Cold weather bull that does the job for you. 8)

I like him. What is his pedigree. Is he a churchill bull? Seems like I remeber you talking about a churchill bull. Nice I would like to see the calves.

I like his topline and his shoulders a lot.

Fat's still my favorite color on horse or cow but, that bull looks like he can do a good days work and that is what counts.

JHH he is not the Churchill bull we bought. We got this guy from Dale Sands, when he was in partnership with Bayers.
He is out of MC Montana Ranger and B Miss Mischief 206.
CE -2.5, BW 3.0, WW 36, YW 66, Milk 23
His calves averaged 76# at birth. Lightest was 55#, heaviest was 110#. heifers were the lightest and bulls the heaviest.
Here's one of his son's born this spring.
32809044.jpg

Yes twister that is my milk cow, Chocolate. Warning with her when milking, she will try to lick you to death. :D :lol2:

5/5/09

ILH,

You've got a good looking, and as you said a good "doing", young bull there. I am sure that he can not wait to get out with the ladies of your herd.

His bull calf son is impressive too. He offers that genuine "look at me" in a few months.

Take care !!

Dave
Maple Edge Herefords
Bloomfield, Connecticut

i dont care what your bull looks like.because is siring some ripping good calves.an thats what you want a bull todo.no matter his looks.

Latest posts