Anonymous

wich way would you get the best mamma cow
brangus x herford, brangus x shorthorn,
beefmaster x angus

trav":1k62timk said:
beefmaster x angus

It's hard to beat a superbaldie HerefordxBrangus . A black baldie or red baldie calf always rings the bell at the sale barn(my area). The superbaldie mom is going to carry the white face as a dominant trait. The shorthorn is a good breed ,but I have seen the calves come painted up to where they look more longhorn. The best thing to do is get with an experienced rancher in your area. The right or wrong choice can mean a lot of pennies per pound come sale time. Brahman, Beefmaster, and Gerts don't fair near as well at the sale barn in my neck of the woods. The buyers here love the hereford,angus, and continetal crosses. But he best mamma cow for a terminal sire in my opinion is the true F1 tigers. HerefordxBrahman cross, they can live off barb wire and briars and are excellent mammas.

Campground Cattle":3t9ntvi2 said:
trav":3t9ntvi2 said:
Living off barb wire and briars is a slight exageration.

beefmaster x angus

It's hard to beat a superbaldie HerefordxBrangus . A black baldie or red baldie calf always rings the bell at the sale barn(my area). The superbaldie mom is going to carry the white face as a dominant trait. The shorthorn is a good breed ,but I have seen the calves come painted up to where they look more longhorn. The best thing to do is get with an experienced rancher in your area. The right or wrong choice can mean a lot of pennies per pound come sale time. Brahman, Beefmaster, and Gerts don't fair near as well at the sale barn in my neck of the woods. The buyers here love the hereford,angus, and continetal crosses. But he best mamma cow for a terminal sire in my opinion is the true F1 tigers. HerefordxBrahman cross, they can live off barb wire and briars and are excellent mammas.

Try again, message did not post. Living off barb wire and briars is a slight exageration.

cherokeeruby":3ax3vxtz said:
Campground Cattle":3ax3vxtz said:
trav":3ax3vxtz said:
Living off barb wire and briars is a slight exageration.

beefmaster x angus

I maybe leaning a bit toward Brangus because i love there calves and throw a good Herford in the mix, man it's hard to beat.Another mix i like is the Brangus x Beefmaster. Sometimes a little to much ear but you also grt meat from back bone to the knees.

Arancher":1ijfct58 said:
I maybe leaning a bit toward Brangus because i love there calves and throw a good Herford in the mix, man it's hard to beat.Another mix i like is the Brangus x Beefmaster. Sometimes a little to much ear but you also grt meat from back bone to the knees.
If you like your Brangus-Beefmaster cross try Brangus-Simbrah cross

Heck, throw some Gert in the mix. You will be glad you did. They mix well with most, but if you want a flashy looking calf, cross a Gert and Hereford; really nice cross...If you want to keep the black, cross with an Angus; The calves will have a little more frame and a little more muscle, and maybe a "slight" ear, but the calf will be black.

Latest posts