better bull pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Sporder,

That's a nice bull !!
But he must hate you for taking pictures of him in such a nasty day !!! :lol2:
In a sunny day and standing over grass he must look much better ;-)

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.
L

i am sorry but over here in england sunny days are few and far between this time of year. give me 6 months for the sunshine to come and time for the bull to grow and you will see better pics i hope

sporder":1md3fxir said:
i am sorry but over here in england sunny days are few and far between this time of year. give me 6 months for the sunshine to come and time for the bull to grow and you will see better pics i hope

Last summer here in finland was quite same than winter of yours ;-) Now snow for 20cm and daylight for 3 hrs :santa: Do you know are english bulls importable to continent nowadays. I meen semen specific?

What is the popularity of herefords in england?? are limos and chars top breeds now? I'm just interested. here in scandinavia chars are coming to be the biggest breed(dont know why)....

P.A.L":9hfq8jnn said:
What is the popularity of herefords in england?? are limos and chars top breeds now? I'm just interested. here in scandinavia chars are coming to be the biggest breed(dont know why)....

herefords dont seem to be as popular as they used to be. continentals have taken over. i am more of a hobbie farmer so not in it for the money ( not that there is a great deal ). i think you cant beat the look of a good thick hereford bull. my intention is to breed good quality herefords to sell onto new breeders and others hopefully increasing their popularity

sporder":xzxwbzod said:

Where are you at in England, I lived there a little while in the Midlands then Yorkshire.

sporder":f9p1a0kg said:
i live way down south on the isle of wight

An older gentleman from the Isle of Wight used to work under me in London. Don't know how big the population of the Isle of Wight is, his name was Peter Jacobson, he was a retired prison guard if I remember correctly.

sporder":2wys0www said:
P.A.L":2wys0www said:

herefords dont seem to be as popular as they used to be. continentals have taken over. i am more of a hobbie farmer so not in it for the money ( not that there is a great deal ). i think you cant beat the look of a good thick hereford bull. my intention is to breed good quality herefords to sell onto new breeders and others hopefully increasing their popularity

I sometimes browse semen catalogs from ireland and UK. I have noticed that they have bred limos, BB, chars to a musclemonsters. I wonder are those "things" still fertile, easy calvers, good mothers etc, Is it europ classification or something else the reason for it? I think they will lose some share soon. People are looking for more naturlike things. You will sell beef when you can say this beef is pure, grassfed and animal welfare is taken care of. Herefords looks like a "normal" cattle and will sell that why...

question for any breeders that do not choose herefords as their choice of cattle?

why do you choose the cattle you have?

why dont you choose herefords?

just interested

Latest posts