Better be a good tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusLimoX":5gfih3vx said:
I don't care how he words it or what excuses he makes, Nam Vet is bragging!! Big Time!! :lol: :lol:

And he's got a right to! Congrats on the purchase of a lifetime.

I doubt many of us have too much experience with that size of tractor, I couldn't begin to think of implements that would require those ponies.( Most of the 1000 acre guys around here get away with 180-200 horse ).

I guess you are confident with the Cat combines, I'd be leery just because they haven't been around as long as JD.

Only Cat thing I operated was a skidsteer for a few days. I've run most other types and the Cat was a Cadillac - the others didn't even compare. ( But you sure pay for it ).

Once again congrats, and keep us posted if you are gonna buy anything else new so some of us could maybe go buy stock in the companies you are buying from!! :lol: :lol:

I don't think I have to right to brag yet, because i'm still trying to learn how to operate all the controls on them durn things :lol: ...there's so many switches and buttons and handles everywhere that I feel like i'm in some kind of spaceship :shock: ...and to tell you the truth, I don't have any experience with this size of tractor either...i'm just following the lead of my friend that's been trying to teach me everything about them...and i'm not sure how confident I am with the CAT combines, but i'm very confident in the CAT engine, when I was younger I put over 800,000 miles on an old CAT engine before overhaul, and my other trucks were lucky to make it to 4 or 500,000 before overhaul at that time...i'm hoping they put the same quality into their combines as they do their engines :)

Take care :D

Nice choice on the Cat Tractor. A guy i know has one and he loves it you will not find a better machine on tracks than that.

As far as the Combine i dont know much about them we run a Cat Lexion before but never one of those.

What kind of opp do you have No-Till?

Hope they don't break down for awhile, the repair bills could be quite expensive, hope you put some money aside for that.

GMN