Bet you never seen a bull do this.

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Have hoped for the last number of years to catch my old fella in his performance. I was to slow to switch over to video, but I did get a quick pic back in September. I've told lots of people, but I don't think they believe me.

He flips himself upside down to scratch his back on the dirt and then flips himself right side up. I have lost count how many times I have seen him do it in his almost 7 years, so I know he does it quite often. He goes completely flat on his back with all 4 feet in the air and has a heck of a good time. Someday I hope I get a video of it.

IMG-20190911-123525.jpg

Aaron said:
Have hoped for the last number of years to catch my old fella in his performance. I was to slow to switch over to video, but I did get a quick pic back in September. I've told lots of people, but I don't think they believe me.

He flips himself upside down to scratch his back on the dirt and then flips himself right side up. I have lost count how many times I have seen him do it in his almost 7 years, so I know he does it quite often. He goes completely flat on his back with all 4 feet in the air and has a heck of a good time. Someday I hope I get a video of it.

IMG-20190911-123525.jpg
He looks dead......... :lol:

DO you ever scratch his back for him as I am sure he would appreciate it.

That is something I have never seen a Bovine do. Horses do it. We had draft horses growing up. When they were done working for the day, you pull off the harness and turn them into the pasture. First thing they do is get down and roll on their back.

Good story Aaron.
Now what are you going to do about the bloated cow with it's feet in the air in your pasture? :)

Seriously that has to be a great sign of athleticism for a mature bull to be so nimble.

Saw that some years ago on our barn camera. Bull had 7 years old and was over 2300 pounds.

https://youtu.be/FjFxVNx0OhY

Yup, that's unusual.. like cows that "Sit".. I had one YEARS ago that would do it quite regularly, but alas, it was well before digital cameras

Latest posts