Best WW2 movies

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score
Since yesterday was Memorial Day I watched a bunch of WW2 movies. What do think is the best one? My favorite is Midway.
A few others I like.
Band of Brothers a mini series
The Pacific another mini series
Saving Private Ryan
Enemy at the Gates
The Tuskegee Airmen

I love Midway, and Band of Brothers. The Great Escape was amazing, along with the Dirty Dozen. Tora! Tora! Tora! and Memphis Belle. I'm sure there are others. I'm a sucker for WWII movies, and sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. Maybe it's just because my grandfather flew a B26.

Das Boot (1981) "40,000 men were sent out on German U-boats... 30,000 never returned"

If you haven't seen it...It's kind of a mental grind.
Story of one crew dealing with daily demands and suicidal missions coming down from superiors.
All the while knowing they're nothing more than an expendable resource of the third reich.

warped04":tmhg6zho said:
I love Midway, and Band of Brothers. The Great Escape was amazing, along with the Dirty Dozen. Tora! Tora! Tora! and Memphis Belle. I'm sure there are others. I'm a sucker for WWII movies, and sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. Maybe it's just because my grandfather flew a B26.
I was raised by those men.
As mentioned before had an uncle at Pearl the morning of, two more uncles that island hopped the Pacific.
Dad was in the Mediterranean campaign
along with Normandy .
I think very few today have the mettle of that generation.

Correction: Lawrence of Arabia is WWI, I think?

There was a WW2 movie with Robert Mitchum as Captain of a destroyer and a standoff with a German Submarine. Great movie.

I watched 12 o'clock high over the weekend and it was great....I had forgotten how it was mostly a study of the mental stress of the commanders and the crews...

pdfangus":1qq2n01v said:
I watched 12 o'clock high over the weekend and it was great....I had forgotten how it was mostly a study of the mental stress of the commanders and the crews...

Forgot that one. Excellent.

Latest posts