Best way to establish pasture?

Help Support CattleToday:

THanks to all for the help and info. I have the soil sample forms for A&M, going to get that part done this weekend and send off for recommendations. Do you just get the basic test? The form has several options and different cost levels. I just want to know what I fertilizer or what is needed to put out to prep for seeding next spring.
I will be visting Douglass King in SA. Whatever seed the gas pipeline companies put out..that stuff kicks but. WHen they spread it out,we were in the middle of the drought and 8-10 month later, 1st good rain, it started coming up and the cattle love it. Some kind of mix

Sorry I can't help you with your form questions as I just drop my samples off at my local ag store & they send it off. It costs $15 per sample & I get a two page report back with more information on it than I can discern lol.

I'm sure you can call the testing place & they'll be happy to help you select the proper test for your needs. Very glad to see you getting the testing done, it'll make a world of difference in your final results.

saltbranch":2lucj07h said:
THanks to all for the help and info. I have the soil sample forms for A&M, going to get that part done this weekend and send off for recommendations. Do you just get the basic test? The form has several options and different cost levels. I just want to know what I fertilizer or what is needed to put out to prep for seeding next spring.
I will be visting Douglass King in SA. Whatever seed the gas pipeline companies put out..that stuff kicks but. WHen they spread it out,we were in the middle of the drought and 8-10 month later, 1st good rain, it started coming up and the cattle love it. Some kind of mix

I just use the basic sample

Pipeline company's contractor over this way uses a 'contractor's mix'. I was going to bum a sack off one of them to do my yard a few years ago till I saw what was in it.
The tag I looked at said:
common bermuda.
some kind of fescue.
annual ryegrass.
perennial ryegrass.

I didn't want anything with fescue.
I don't remember the ratios.

Latest posts