Best way to accumulate land for cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

Take your tax returns/expenses and divide by the number of brood cows....if you just have a cow/calf operation.
Mine runs around 300/cow if I don't count the land and 350 if I do. I need to tighten my belt to get down to 200/cow.
Could be doable.

Your so full of bs your eyes are brown. Big $money and no sense, if you had any of either you'd of bought every 400lb calf that went through the ring. Good job millionaire.

True Grit Farms":34jkhvgg said:
Your so full of bs your eyes are brown. Big $money and no sense, if you had any of either you'd of bought every 400lb calf that went through the ring. Good job millionaire.
:clap:

ddd75":3km6e3is said:
A little bit of equipment, vet/medicine, mineral, fencing. About it. I'd say I have 200 or less per head. My labor is me.. and I vaccine twice a year which I pay a neighbor to help @ 10/hr.

I'm gonna take a different approach and ask a few questions. What about winter feed? Hay, winter grazing, etc? I spend $200-250/head on hay alone. Rent costs about $50/head. Fertilizer for summer grazing at $50/head. Fence, equipment maintenance, fuel, meds, vaccines, wormer, etc lets just say $50/head. Minerals, supplements, and everything else let's say $50/head. So I'm at $400-450 per head conservatively. Are costs here and there that different. I'm interested to know because I certainly ain't above changing my operation.

JMJ Farms":m9pyxow2 said:
ddd75":m9pyxow2 said:
A little bit of equipment, vet/medicine, mineral, fencing. About it. I'd say I have 200 or less per head. My labor is me.. and I vaccine twice a year which I pay a neighbor to help @ 10/hr.

I'm gonna take a different approach and ask a few questions. What about winter feed? Hay, winter grazing, etc? I spend $200-250/head on hay alone. Rent costs about $50/head. Fertilizer for summer grazing at $50/head. Fence, equipment maintenance, fuel, meds, vaccines, wormer, etc lets just say $50/head. Minerals, supplements, and everything else let's say $50/head. So I'm at $400-450 per head conservatively. Are costs here and there that different. I'm interested to know because I certainly ain't above changing my operation.
Lieing SOB probably won't be back. Don't want us to knwo his secrets to being a millionaire :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, I'm done then. If you guys are getting that upset over one's success, calling me a liar.. Well that's fine. When someone is making money, I usually ask them a ton of questions trying to learn. I'm sorry that someone successful is so threatening. I guess y'all can e joy your day jobs, your little profit less farms, and your internet supporters. Congrats.

Banjo":16qofbaj said:
Take your tax returns/expenses and divide by the number of brood cows....if you just have a cow/calf operation.
Mine runs around 300/cow if I don't count the land and 350 if I do. I need to tighten my belt to get down to 200/cow.
Could be doable.

Take tax returns/expenses and divide by number of weaned calves for that year that will give you an even clearer picture. Just something to keep in mind because if bringing down average cow cost leads to reduced production you may have just increased you cow cost and not known it.

ddd75":2apw2exm said:
Ok, I'm done then. If you guys are getting that upset over one's success, calling me a liar.. Well that's fine. When someone is making money, I usually ask them a ton of questions trying to learn. I'm sorry that someone successful is so threatening. I guess y'all can e joy your day jobs, your little profit less farms, and your internet supporters. Congrats.
Bull shyt usually walks. That would be you. Goodbye. :wave: :wave:

M-5":dvp1jp2a said:
I don't have a dog in this hunt but a measure of a mans success has little to do with money.

I see.. So the keys to being successful is agreeing with idiots to appease them, not helping anyone out, and being a sheep..

Thanks so much for that insightful information.

ddd75":27tckrs8 said:
M-5":27tckrs8 said:
I don't have a dog in this hunt but a measure of a mans success has little to do with money.

I see.. So the keys to being successful is agreeing with idiots to appease them, not helping anyone out, and being a sheep..

You came in here throwing money around , I made a statement. But I tell you what it don't matter how much you got in the bank when it comes to overloading your azz with a big mouth. I know folks that could buy and sell you like a rag but what makes them more of a man than you will ever be is they don't have to brag about what they got to try and impress folks .

ddd75":3j5is4gi said:
M-5":3j5is4gi said:

NO the key is to quit being the idiot, idiot !!!!!

ddd75":22qptvcw said:
I just paid 7,200 / acre for my new farm. I will be putting cattle on it and still profiting quite a lot.

I really wish you would explain this. Because if this is the case then you're either a genius and/or I am a moron.

It doesn't say the cattle are the cause of profit. Could just have cows out there and its making money in other endeavours, totally unrelated to the cattle. oil? wind? fancy beads and trinkets?

But he also drives an 01 f150 and every neighbour and sale barn is out to get him, going by his old posts.

Latest posts