Best way on 2nd AI

Help Support CattleToday:

MOFarmer2013

Reaction score
I am wondering how everyone else does their AI schedule when a cow doesn't take the first time. I have been doing timed AI, then Biopryn test them 30 days later. This makes me miss a heat if they do not take. I have a full time job, so I can only go check for heats in the afternoon.

Do most people use patches and the use the 12 hr rule? Since it is hard for me to check heats in the morning, if I see a positive patch, should I AI that afternoon and the next morning?

I use the patches, try for 12 hrs after. In your situation if I got there in the evening and the patch was changed and no riding at the time id breed them and use gnrh.

bse":2jwgptr7 said:
I use the patches, try for 12 hrs after. In your situation if I got there in the evening and the patch was changed and no riding at the time id breed them and use gnrh.

x2

Thank you. Would you put the patches on the same time you AI? Or would you wait around two weeks?

MOFarmer2013":1kkwaj9v said:
Thank you. Would you put the patches on the same time you AI? Or would you wait around two weeks?

If they are riding each other when you do your timed AI you will waste a patch.

angus9259":306u060q said:
MOFarmer2013":306u060q said:

If they are riding each other when you do your timed AI you will waste a patch.

Been there done that and got the tshirt