BEST SQUEEZE CHUTE?

Help Support CattleToday:

Arrow = I spent $8800 for the QC8600 plus a nice set of Gallagher weightbars and readout ... delivered and a little help getting it set

For Most = not sure, probably between the Arrow and the Priefert

Priefert = 4500 (iirc), not including palpitation cage, weightbars, readout or delivery

Our Arrow is SOOO quiet and smooth...

The one I bought was a For-Most 375 with the model 30 Manual head gate, double slide tailgate, wheels/portable and palpation cage for $5300. The guy I bought it from sold me it by the price of his last order and said the next order would be higher. I bought the last one he had left. I believe it will work well for our operation.

MOcowboy":1jd442wm said:
The one I bought was a For-Most 375 with the model 30 Manual head gate, double slide tailgate, wheels/portable and palpation cage for $5300. The guy I bought it from sold me it by the price of his last order and said the next order would be higher. I bought the last one he had left. I believe it will work well for our operation.

Great purchase, I'm sure it'll do you proud.

ddd75":2wmm7oza said:
my silencer just got delivered a few days ago

What model did you get and what features does it have. This is our 3rd year for our Cattleac hydraulic chute. It is located at the main set of pens and I often wonder how we did without it. Many times it is just the two of us working cattle and it makes it so much easier. Sometimes it is just me. We have a control for the back gate located about 8 foot back on the alley also so a person can load one and close the back gate from the back. We have a few manual models located at other locations we use to give vaccinations, put tags in and to back pour, ect but all the main work is done with the hydraulic chute. We have two very high quality chutes manufactured within 80 miles of us. The Cattleac and the Flying W. Both are heavy made chutes that will last most a lifetime.We have a palpation doors, head bender, leg puller and hydraulic adjustable front and back gates and sides. We don't use the leg puller as much as I thought. We have been using mainly the Callicrate bands and it is easier to put them on with both legs on the floor. Use the head bender mainly when working cows. Most of the hydraulic chutes in our area is one of the two I mentioned. We also have manual adjustable sides on the alley so can work anything from calves to bulls without trouble with them turning around. Have heard of the Silencers and a few others but have never used them. Will be interested in the features yours has. I'm sure you will like it.

I have a problem with Moly Co. that builds Silencer. They were a small company that provided jobs in a rural community. Then, Jon Mollhagen cut some sort of deal with the Federal Prison at Ellsworth,Ks. The business was moved into the correctional facility, employees were laid off and prisoners now provide the cheap labor that builds Silencer chutes.

Supa Dexta":1g09kzv3 said:
ddd75":1g09kzv3 said:

New or used? Lets see it.

new. I'll get some pics from my phone sometime. I got turrent gate and whole setup.

Chocolate Cow2":1g09kzv3 said:
I have a problem with Moly Co. that builds Silencer. They were a small company that provided jobs in a rural community. Then, Jon Mollhagen cut some sort of deal with the Federal Prison at Ellsworth,Ks. The business was moved into the correctional facility, employees were laid off and prisoners now provide the cheap labor that builds Silencer chutes.

if you look them up on google maps they are located in a building in the middle of nowhere. .. I looked up some info.. looks like they do take part in a prisoner program where they teach prisoners skills to use in the real world. I don't see a problem with that.

elkwc":1g09kzv3 said:
ddd75":1g09kzv3 said:

What model did you get and what features does it have. This is our 3rd year for our Cattleac hydraulic chute. It is located at the main set of pens and I often wonder how we did without it. Many times it is just the two of us working cattle and it makes it so much easier. Sometimes it is just me. We have a control for the back gate located about 8 foot back on the alley also so a person can load one and close the back gate from the back. We have a few manual models located at other locations we use to give vaccinations, put tags in and to back pour, ect but all the main work is done with the hydraulic chute. We have two very high quality chutes manufactured within 80 miles of us. The Cattleac and the Flying W. Both are heavy made chutes that will last most a lifetime.We have a palpation doors, head bender, leg puller and hydraulic adjustable front and back gates and sides. We don't use the leg puller as much as I thought. We have been using mainly the Callicrate bands and it is easier to put them on with both legs on the floor. Use the head bender mainly when working cows. Most of the hydraulic chutes in our area is one of the two I mentioned. We also have manual adjustable sides on the alley so can work anything from calves to bulls without trouble with them turning around. Have heard of the Silencers and a few others but have never used them. Will be interested in the features yours has. I'm sure you will like it.

ranch extended. i got the upper and lower hyd. squeeze. hyd. fold gate in alley. neck extension bars, weigh scales, pivot controls, turrent gate setup. i haven't set it up yet I need to get electric to it and a building built first. glad yours is working out well, i'm excited to use mine.

Sounds like you got a fully equipped model. We set a building and have the pump sitting in it away from the chute. Makes it quieter. My BIL has one very similar to ours and told us we would want to do that. Still need to run electricity to it to the receptacles I've mounted. That will propably be one of my retirment projects. Know you will really enjoy it. They are really nice when a person is limited on help. Keep us informed when you use it.

ddd75- Moly Mfg (Silencer) is about 15 miles east of me. I know where they once were and I know where they are currently located-The Ellsworth Correctional Facility, Ellsworth, Ks. (said with a smiley face and a wink cause I'm not lookin for an argument-just the facts ma'am.)

Yeah-it's great he's teaching prisoners a skill...but what about the people who worked for him for years and lost their jobs to maximum security prisoners who are paid-what?- 50cents an hour........

That prison labor has gotta improve profit margins dontchathink? I hope it is reflected in the price of the chutes.

ddd75-----I'm not trying to diminish your new purchase. I'd love to have any hydraulic chute. Congrats. and I mean it.

I am disappointed in Moly Mfg.

To keep on topic, we have 5 manual chutes in use here.
I have a green and yellow, no-name chute from Canada that hasn't been too bad.
A 'My-D-Handy' that's a killer if you don't pay attention.
Two power river's
and a Pearson-that's a pleasure to use

Coosh71":2a239vl0 said:
Alacowman is right. I have a tarter chute now and one side of the head gate won't fully close anymore. I can't figure out how to adjust it. Now when we worked 1700-2200lb bulls the other day it closed but with some cows and all weaned calves it's a pain. Have to shove a bar in behind them which sux. Works your tail off just working 30 calves. I will live with it for now but will belooking for another for sure.

I know this is an older thread but FWIW, a neighbor and I modified his Big Valley squeeze chute. We took off the Big Valley saloon door type headgate and put on a Priefert model 91 scissor type headgate. Took us all of an hour and it made a huge difference. Now it's two tone, green and blue, but the cows don't seem to care.

ddd75":3a0x29zu said:
Supa Dexta":3a0x29zu said:

New or used? Lets see it.

new. I'll get some pics from my phone sometime. I got turrent gate and whole setup.

Chocolate Cow2":3a0x29zu said:

if you look them up on google maps they are located in a building in the middle of nowhere. .. I looked up some info.. looks like they do take part in a prisoner program where they teach prisoners skills to use in the real world. I don't see a problem with that.

elkwc":3a0x29zu said:

ranch extended. i got the upper and lower hyd. squeeze. hyd. fold gate in alley. neck extension bars, weigh scales, pivot controls, turrent gate setup. i haven't set it up yet I need to get electric to it and a building built first. glad yours is working out well, i'm excited to use mine.

We have had ours for about a year now. It's been a huge blessing and takes less people to run cattle. The alley, we modified this spring because the scale underneath, gives the chute an incline (step) that the cattle weren't extremely fond of. My husband modified the transition from alley to chute, using some boards at an incline so they walk right up into without realizing they're going up. Now, they no longer hesitate going into the chute and don't get "stuck" there. Even if they didn't hesitate, some of our bigger ones would load into it weird and get stuck also.

We have a calf chute just before the alley, so if we are working smaller calves, we close off alley, open up the other alley and push them thru it to the calf chute. It's all been a learning curve with some trial and error but I think the whole set up is about perfect now.

We also added LED lights towards the neck of the silencer and rump of the silencer so that when it's dark and we are AIing, visibility inside the chute is better.

Latest posts