best repeater needle

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
be my first..getting enough cows to need 2....needles aint doing it anymore

bottle top style or the kind ya fill. I need one for triangle 10 and one for vision 7..

I've got a few of the PrimaTech bottle mounts. They work very well with the 100cc bottles but a little top heavy with 250 cc bottles IMO. Learned that after washing them out after use, that leaveing some water in the barrel helps keep one-way valves from sticking.

The Allflex ultra that holds 50 cc has worked good for us. The Henke has a glass barrel and I have broken 2 of them in the last 5 years.

highgrit":1cyvd7xt said:
The Allflex ultra that holds 50 cc has worked good for us. The Henke has a glass barrel and I have broken 2 of them in the last 5 years.

I've got three of the Allflex ultra's that hold 50 cc. Our cows & calves get 2 different pinkeye meds, so that takes 2, then I have the third if I'm boosting the cows for something.
I also love my automatic syringe for worming. I've got several different ends to use on different products.

well ive got about 25 animals..im on the fence whether to just load up an bunch of needles for 10 cents ea or buy a repeater. gotta do both vac at the same time so thats abot 50 needles once a yr..might be better long term idk..whattya think

I like the repeaters. Buddy likes his Allflex stuff, we have a couple Roux type 50cc syringes and like them. Been lucky not to break any glass tubes yet.

Wev're got 2 of the PrimaTech bottle mounts also. A 5ml and 2ml. We had a couple Alflex but like these better. We run about 40 cows and it works out pretty well. The PrimaTech seems to work a little better with one of the thicker vaccines that we use( Alpha 7MB).

We have a couple of the Allflex repeaters. I prefer the 25cc ones for meds that use 2cc and the 50cc for the 5cc meds. Seem a little more accurate. Just my opinion.

dieselbeef":2zb5yz3i said:
well ive got about 25 animals..im on the fence whether to just load up an bunch of needles for 10 cents ea or buy a repeater. gotta do both vac at the same time so thats abot 50 needles once a yr..might be better long term idk..whattya think
I still change needles between cows. Good way to transmit Anaplasmosis from one infected cow to a non-infected cow. Had a girlfriend loose half her herd to it.