Best Poly Wire with reel

Help Support CattleToday:

BigBear56

Reaction score
Just curious as to what everyone thinks is the best poly wire with reel. I'm looking for something that I can use the reel to set tension on the line. Never used it before but it's flexibility is very appealing. I plan to get more active with my rotational grazing next year and I like the idea of the push in posts and poly wire on the reel. Fast and no tools.

I am very happy with the taragate reel with power flex poly braid. Got mine online from American grazing lands already preloaded ready to go.

Dare ez reel with power fields 9 strand polywire. Not a fancy reel but they hook over t posts really easy when crossfencing.

I don't know which brand is best but the 9 strand wire is definitely what you want. The best is probably what is available at the best price.

Powerflex Fence in Missouri makes a really nice polybraid as chaded mentioned. My dad has some that is at least 5 years old and looks new. Gallagher/o'brien/taragate reels are all nice, I'd give the slight edge to taragate.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
I must be too cheap. I use the plastic electric cord reels sold at Walmart and just tie it off.

We use that setup and some of the fancy Gallagher geared reels. I'd rather use the cheap extension cord reel. We have some that are going on 6 years old, in the weather every single day, and still work just fine. Gallagher geared reel is too dang heavy when you are moving fence every day or two.

Gallagher reels with power flex wire. I have close to 10 miles of poly wire. Powerflex is awesome. Love the stuff. I bought a bunch of turbowire, that stuff is junk.

To be fair, Gallagher reels are are I've used. I have a bunch of the 1/4 mile reels, and several of the 1/2 mile ones. I like them, and haven't found a reason to change.
I've used many different wires, powerflex is my favorite

Latest posts