Best place for sale listings?

Help Support CattleToday:

NEFarmwife

Reaction score
Which sites have you been most successful in selling your cattle? Craigslist? Cattlerange? A regional circular ad? Facebook BST site?

Which sites do you most frequent when looking to purchase?

I look at Craig's List and also contact the breeders around me. That was eye opening of who would respond and who was too good to respond.

Superior. One time I listed a pot load of heifers on Cattle Range. Never got a phone call. I ended up putting them on the video. They sold. I told Cattle Range to take them down. I guess they didn't because a week or two later I got about 4 phone calls about them.

Dave":1a1ue2nh said:
Superior. One time I listed a pot load of heifers on Cattle Range. Never got a phone call. I ended up putting them on the video. They sold. I told Cattle Range to take them down. I guess they didn't because a week or two later I got about 4 phone calls about them.
Superior Livestock?

NEFarmwife":2kmaifuo said:
Dave":2kmaifuo said:
Superior Livestock?
Yes, the down side is it is not for singles or small groups.

Dave":3kvcgc3l said:
NEFarmwife":3kvcgc3l said:
Dave":3kvcgc3l said:
Superior Livestock?
Yes, the down side is it is not for singles or small groups.
This is for 120 head of bred heifers. Bought them solely to breed and sell heavy bred. Possibly less, if we decide to retain a few. We're really liking them. I wish I could hoard cattle.

We bought them off Superior, after visiting the ranch. We've not used them from a sellers perspective.

Really depends on the type of cattle. These are the two I have used:
Odd breeds or small groups - - CL.
Pot loads - - Superior.

A potential issue with Superior is sorting off animals before loading. The number ended up being higher than I was originally told before signing the contract...

NEFarmwife":3elrc1cb said:
Which sites have you been most successful in selling your cattle? Craigslist? Cattlerange? A regional circular ad? Facebook BST site?

You can also list on our classified ads here

skyhightree1":12tt6uza said:
NEFarmwife":12tt6uza said:

Classifieds are locked, Sky.

slick4591":1n2bpgx2 said:
skyhightree1":1n2bpgx2 said:
NEFarmwife":1n2bpgx2 said:

That forum is locked so it doesn't create a discussion forum click the link under that and you have access to the classified ads you register once registration is approved you can list things feel free to pm me I'll help you

skyhightree1":1u5ew8xc said:
slick4591":1u5ew8xc said:
skyhightree1":1u5ew8xc said:

That forum is locked so it doesn't create a discussion forum click the link under that and you have access to the classified ads you register once registration is approved you can list things feel free to pm me I'll help you

I'll post there as soon as I get more info. Preg checking next week.

NEFarmwife":2wswh8dt said:
skyhightree1":2wswh8dt said:
slick4591":2wswh8dt said:

What did you end up deciding to do? How did the preg check go?

hornedfrogbbq":1gsobr3h said:
NEFarmwife":1gsobr3h said:
skyhightree1":1gsobr3h said:

What did you end up deciding to do? How did the preg check go?
We're going to list on Superior, I believe. Broader audience. But we'll decide for sure after preg check.

Our preg check got rescheduled for this Thursday. With all the rain we've had, the area we were going to work them was extremely sloppy. Everything is set up and ready.

Brute 23":2r67phdp said:
I had did a little advertising on fB and got 9400+ hits (with 600 actual clicks on post) and could not believe how far it reached.

Can't wait to get our results so we can get things going. We're calving, preg checking, weaning, adding on to feedlot, and gearing up for harvest. Fun times!

NEFarmwife":1dh0fkh3 said:
Brute 23":1dh0fkh3 said:
I had did a little advertising on fB and got 9400+ hits (with 600 actual clicks on post) and could not believe how far it reached.

Can't wait to get our results so we can get things going. We're calving, preg checking, weaning, adding on to feedlot, and gearing up for harvest. Fun times!

You are right. Its an amazing marketing tool when used correctly.

Brute 23":27l4ypuw said:
NEFarmwife":27l4ypuw said:
Brute 23":27l4ypuw said:

You are right. Its an amazing marketing tool when used correctly.
Do you use a group page, or is it a page you did? Can you provide links? Thanks

Latest posts