Best new Angus bull this year?

Help Support CattleToday:

Air Gator

Their were a lot of Bulls on site, and we found a few we would use. We also found some that made us question why on earth would that bull be in a stud! Out of the Bulls we looked at I would guess 1/3 if that were actually good enough to be standing at stud. We saw some Bulls that looked great until you got to their feet and saw the low heel or the curl in the toe. We had a good day looking at Bulls, I am glad we got the opportunity to see them in person.

Gizmom

gizmom":20s94d67 said:
Air Gator

Their were a lot of Bulls on site, and we found a few we would use. We also found some that made us question why on earth would that bull be in a stud! Out of the Bulls we looked at I would guess 1/3 if that were actually good enough to be standing at stud. We saw some Bulls that looked great until you got to their feet and saw the low heel or the curl in the toe. We had a good day looking at Bulls, I am glad we got the opportunity to see them in person.

Gizmom
A lot Angus bulls out there with bad feet. Breeders to worried about the numbers and don't care if they can walk. Feet are the first thing I look at now when looking to buy an Angus bull.

SOB

I listed the ones I liked on the big adventure thread. Keep in mind I listed some that I wouldn't use, but not because I saw anything wrong with them but because it would be veering to far from the genetics that I try to stick with. There were also some Bulls that we missed they were on the opposite end of the pen, and we were getting tired, so just because they aren't on my list doesn't mean I didn't like a certain bull I might not have seen that particular bull. I took notes on all the Bulls I actually looked at. It was a long day of bull looking for sure.

You can go to the Origen site to see a list of all the Bulls on site this week.

Pm me if you want info on a particular bull.

Gizmom

We will Be touring Strommen Ranch on Monday then SAV on Tuesday then start making the treck home. Calving is due to start early Oct which means we will get some late Sep calves. All good things must come to an end it's getting close to the end of the adventure!

Gizmom

GN+":2byebeap said:
Lazy M":2byebeap said:
GN+":2byebeap said:
Hard for me to say "Best" this year because they aren't proven yet, but I'm pretty excited about Magnitude. His EPD profile is pretty spectacular

https://bullsearch.absglobal.com/beef/b ... ountry/222
With all due respect, that bull should have never been left intact. He looks about as poor as his sire.

I think it depends on the objective. Sure he won't make show calves, but his combination of performance and carcass traits, along with the calving ease and docility, is pretty good.

I like him to, and have had semen ordered for a month, but I also like his sire.

Somehow I lost a post...I think the numbers look great but when I looked at the photos Sydgen Fate got my attention.
I would like to see some photos of Wake Up Calls' calves..but Fate has some eye appeal.
He looks like Barstow Cash...almost. It seems like Wake Up Call earned his wings the hard way...he must be pretty fertile to have 200 natural calves. I also want to use 7 &7 because of his docility and fertility.

Fate is a bull that his EPDs have gotten better as his proof has come in. I havent used any Fate, but used his sire Trust a bunch. Really happy with Trust daughters.. Good productive cows. I rummaged around and found a picture of Wake I took when I saw him a couple of years ago. Plus one decent picture of a young Wake daughter here and the last picture will be a weaned Wake heifer that a neighbor bought recently.

Wake Up Call

Wake Up Call 2 yr old with baby calf

Same heifer as a yearling

Wake weaned heifer calf

That is all I have in pictures. Looking forward to this fall when we get a few more calves.