Best fishing story

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I finally got around to going fishing this morning but after a while I ran out of worms.
Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait.
Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth,
I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.
Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit.
I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.
His eyes rolled back, he went limp, I released him into the lake without incident,
And carried on my fishing with the frog.
A little later I felt a nudge on my foot.

There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.

Dang Dun....

here I thought it was gonna be Calman or Ala nudging you on the foot with a frog!! or maybe Ga Prime... LOL :lol:

probably woulda had to race with Grannysoo!

Cheap snakes in your country, Around here it takes Glen Levitts ;-)

I was going to say that the snake had expensive taste, JD is a good 20% more than a good bottle of whisky here. :lol2:

Glad we don't have snakes, it would be a waste of JD.. :cowboy:

Yet another use for this fine product. But I think the snake probably would have had to bite me and pry the bottle from my cold dead fingers before I woulda shared it with him. Especially while I'm fishing.......I don't share my breakfast with anyone!

LazyARanch":3vj7ngi6 said:
Dang Dun....

here I thought it was gonna be Calman or Ala nudging you on the foot with a frog!! or maybe Ga Prime... LOL :lol:

probably woulda had to race with Grannysoo!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cal

Wish we had snakes like that around here! :lol:
All we got are nasty little beavers that swim up the the hook as you reel it in and bite it off the line. Lost half of my tackle because of them. :mad:

dun":63bflykf said:
I finally got around to going fishing this morning but after a while I ran out of worms.
Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait.
Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth,
I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.
Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit.
I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.
His eyes rolled back, he went limp, I released him into the lake without incident,
And carried on my fishing with the frog.
A little later I felt a nudge on my foot.

There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.

I don't understand. How did you know it was the same snake? :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

grannysoo":15i4tc6s said:
HerefordSire":15i4tc6s said:
I don't understand. How did you know it was the same snake? :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

'Cause he was pouring Jack Daniels! :banana:

I would rather have the JD than the frog and scrounge up a couple of worms or crickets by looking under a couple of logs close by. dun must be pretty well off.

To those of you who didn't "get it" (MM) ~ the snake is bringing back 2 frogs hoping to get more whiskey. :drink: ;-)

angie":35q9pogv said:
To those of you who didn't "get it" (MM) ~ the snake is bringing back 2 frogs hoping to get more whiskey. :drink: ;-)

The snake might be the brother of the first snake and a tad smarter than his brother.

HerefordSire":2xmquilx said:
angie":2xmquilx said:

The snake might be the brother of the first snake and a tad smarter than his brother.
I considered that option (but in my head it was the wife of the snake smarter than the husband (which is even more plausible)), but discarded it. She is confused enough as it is ~ I am trying to keep it simple. :secret:

angie":209w1rdo said:
HerefordSire":209w1rdo said:
angie":209w1rdo said:

I considered that option (but in my head it was the wife of the snake smarter than the husband (which is even more plausible)), but discarded it. She is confused enough as it is ~ I am trying to keep it simple. :secret:

Do female snakes work? :secret: :secret: :secret: :secret:

HerefordSire":1o33b4rt said:
Maybe, if there is whiskey involved. I don't know. I heard one say she would dig a hole, but she didn't have hands ~ so the intent is there.

angie":1ukpcunp said:
HerefordSire":1ukpcunp said:
Maybe, if there is whiskey involved. I don't know. I heard one say she would dig a hole, but she didn't have hands ~ so the intent is there.

If I were a cottonmouth snake, I would have bit his leg and got the whole bottle.

Latest posts