Best farm animal pet you ever bought

Help Support CattleToday:

We have some mini horses....

https://youtu.be/QXFF7g_PRO4

Yea miniature horse are cool. One was cool 😎 3 is a little much. 🤪 I thought the one maybe lonely 😔 The two was supposed to have been trained circus 🎪 miniature horse. We haven't seem them train to do anything. 😅🤡

Was writing some stuff and it went away, anyways, did not buy, but hair sheep are pretty good, wool ok too if you want to do grooming.

Redgully said:
I had a pet kangaroo, they are awesome. Hold their own bottle, love to race you, follow you everywhere and you just hang a pillowcase on wall for them to sleep in.

Hope she likes the sound, I have about 50 young ones to send over now, and it wont even make a little dent, you can have the mommas too cowgal, you can then be roogal....

greggy said:
Redgully said:
I had a pet kangaroo, they are awesome. Hold their own bottle, love to race you, follow you everywhere and you just hang a pillowcase on wall for them to sleep in.

Hope she likes the sound, I have about 50 young ones to send over now, and it wont even make a little dent, you can have the mommas too cowgal, you can then be roogal....

They are out of control here. My in laws garden hs just sticks as they eat everything. They are now planting oleander, rosemary etc as they don't eat them much.

I think oleander is not good for sheep or cattle.

TBH.....they stay away from my paddocks where sheep and cattle would compete....

Not sure if they are on acres, but if my boss ever left, the house yard would be maintained by sheep and some cattle....I do bring the cattle in every so often, buggered if I am pushing a mower on the slope....the sheep miss out cause I cannot be bothered running multiple temp fence lines.....I am toast if they get into some things....

Chevy said:
ALACOWMAN said:
I had a pet chicken, named Charlie as a kid..but the neighbors killed it and ate it..

😱😲😢 what the heck!! What kind of neighbors did you have. I'd made them a 💩 pie to go with it. 🤡😅

https://youtu.be/8fgub5zkBVk
They never told me.but I found out later..they figured ol Charlie was a just a rogue.. grown ups had a good laugh about it.

skeeter swatter said:
A goat isn't bad, just a pita.
For something different a gos!ling ( just one) makes a good pet and will live 15 or so years.

Oh my gosh your not kidding!!! We had one end up with it... it got stuck at the lock cell thingy couldn't get out to his mother where my old man worked at the time. We kept him inside in a tiny box at night. In the morning he would start making his goose noise ready to go out. We really enjoyed them little peeps sounds. We would let him free ranch during the day. When it starting getting dark he would walk up to the front door ready to go inside to his box. I know dang well when he got bigger he could have easily got out of that tiny box but he never did. He was well trained and behaved very good. We named him Terrence after Terrence Howard. I watch him on a leash...😅🤡 OKAY YEA that didn't go over to well. 😅🙄🤷🏽‍♀️ he didn't care for that crap. I laughed and gave up. I've been telling yall I wanted a 🐕. 😅🤡 he did follow me all over the place. He would ride with me in the car on short trips. I'd walk him down to the creek to swim. He didn't like water until he got older. 😅🤣 True story. When he started to learn his be horns he got practice in the back yard like he was embarrassed. He would try to fly but never did. We thought by that time he was big enough for a cage outside. He lived outside a few nigbt until a weasel got him. 😢 We buryed him in the flower bed were he enjoyed eating bugs and worms. I still think about that goose. He was a good pet.

We went to New York he had to stay with my mom. He didn't like that he missed us. We missed him too. We came back home he was so happy to see us. 😊 I put hairbow in his hair. Truthfully I have no clue if he was a male or female but Terrance was a male to me. 😉 thats not even right. I say so myself.

Bigfoot said:
cowgal604 said:
Bigfoot said:
A bottle goat makes a nice farm animal for a kid to raise. I hate goats, but my kids had a few. They also seem to like to be led around on a halter.
Pic is pretty old, but it brings back good memories. They were inseparable.

She's spread the hill since then. Taken today.

Why do you hate goats? I have never owned one. They seem cute but they do seem fairly loud.

Won't stay in. Gets stuck in things. In my experience a picky eater (I know you hear they eat anything).

Hey BF, her goat turned inti a big one you can ride and lost the horns ?

Yeah, goats are a right pain, they are browsers & fussy, but you can bet they will eat whatever plant you like the most in your garden.

I inherited some tame ones, I had a clue what they were like as family has a mob, but geez, they are too much trouble and some breeds far worse than others. I made a mistake and left a gate to house area unlocked, 4 goats got in, ruined the paint on my car as used horns all over it and broke the plastic bumbers.....I have a bunch of hair sheep in same place and none ever even try and come in.

They do get stuck, if you have 4inch x 4 pre fab fence, your gonna be re fencing, or getting them unstuck.

I have a yard that is 1.2m high, 2 of my goats could jump that from a standstill, but, goats usually push under, and they will....

Some also will use you as a butting post or scratching post, even the mild tempered females will have it over anyone who is not firm, I warned a tough bikey type one day who nearly fell over with laughter, the little shortass fat goat near had him on his rear end not long after, and I could see he became uncomfortable- no more laughing...lol, she was trying to dominate him...

They are very cute when born and young kids, some may stay very mild mannered and friendly, but they are still goats and very curious and willing to climb on stuff and fencing.....which reminds me of the time 2 were on my 4wd hood.....pests.