Best cutter

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a 15 foot cutter. The cutter will be used mainly to trim pasture grass and roadways. I have been considering several brands-Rhino ,bus hog, and land pride. Which one is the most durable and longest lasting with the best cut for the money?

I've only used 3 makes ove rthe years. Caldwell - good cutter, John Deere - ok but nothing to right home about, Bush Hog - the most solid and heaviest duty cutter I've used. They are all supposed to be heavy duty, but the Bush Hog is a real beast compared to the others.

dun

do not get a landpride. they are the old mowhawk shredder . ive got a 10ft mowhawk in peices right now. shattered u-joints. su stay away from landpride. id go with the heavy duty bushhogg. i just bought a new 286 bushhogg 286 heavy duty . scott

milesvb":3vki1zma said:
I'd vote for the bush hog as well. We have a 10 1/2' heavy duty (same gearboxes as the 15' batwing). It'll eat anything it can push over.
I have a 7 foot bush hog brand cutter and I really like it. Both the bush hog heavy duty 15 and the rhino FR-15 are rated to cut 3.5 inch diamter weeds/brush but the bushog cutter only comes with a 2 year warranty where as the Rhino has a 5 year warranty.

I have a Rhino, its about 4 years old. Two days ago the rear wheel fell off in pasture for the second time in 12 months. The weld holding it to the frame broke again.

About six months ago, the blade pan fell off sending it along with the two blades 15 ft to the left of the unit. Luckily no cows were near. Apparently the cotter pin holding the nut keeping the blade pan on, either failed or was never put in place? Knowing the do do's that worked on it after this mishap - I think they never put the cotter pin in the first time?

Shortly after I bought it new, 3 of the bolts holding the rear wheels to the unit broke.

All of the grease zerks on the PTO shafts sheared off.

It cuts well, should I say anymore?

Maybe I just got the lemon, because all of my friends have them much longer than I, and have NOT had any problems. Poor me!

One of our local dealers who handles both Bush Hog and Woods, thinks the Woods is superior to the Bush Hog. You figure.

Billy :mad:

Heck I have a sidewinder older than most people on the board if the tractor can run over it its cut. I also have a piece of Rhino junk, dang thig has more weld metal in it, than new factory metal . Its Junk.

dun":34gp48l8 said:
I've only used 3 makes ove rthe years. Caldwell - good cutter, John Deere - ok but nothing to right home about, Bush Hog - the most solid and heaviest duty cutter I've used. They are all supposed to be heavy duty, but the Bush Hog is a real beast compared to the others.

dun

Servis-Rhino out sells Bush Hog in flex-wing cutters.
[/img]

I think I am going to go with the rhino. The warranty and price where to hard to beat. Sounds like I might be needing that extra warranty on the otherhand my luck has been running real good lately. Thanks for all the input.

denoginnizer":rcwvb4bt said:
I think I am going to go with the rhino. The warranty and price where to hard to beat. Sounds like I might be needing that extra warranty on the otherhand my luck has been running real good lately. Thanks for all the input.

How big is your tractor?