best cow you tell me

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

i really love the beefmaster cow and i have have done well with simm cows besides the sim eating everything. you tell me what cow breed is the best mamma cow on the market at this point besides angus. i looking for that breed of cattle to start my commercial heard with.

as far as the best mamma cows my opinion is: beefmaster, brangus and brahman f1s (tigerstripes or brangus)

as far as bulls go i like a charolais or simmental

> as far as the best mamma cows my
> opinion is: beefmaster, brangus
> and brahman f1s (tigerstripes or
> brangus)

> as far as bulls go i like a
> charolais or simmental [tell me what it is that makes you like these cows so well. why do you choose charolais and sim. personaly i really like sim but i can not ever see my self using charolais unless it is a beefmaster cross.

i live in central ky i still want to use brangus and beefmaster cows bred to a sim bull will i be able to survive or am i too far north.

If you like Simmental to much you could considered Simbrah cows

> i really love the beefmaster cow
> and i have have done well with
> simm cows besides the sim eating
> everything. you tell me what cow
> breed is the best mamma cow on the
> market at this point besides
> angus. i looking for that breed of
> cattle to start my commercial
> heard with.

[email protected]

I personally enjoy Gelbviehs. they (for the most part) make great mammas, milk good, calves grow/mature fast, and they are easy to work with. Also their popularity is really begining to grow at the Market.

[email protected]

we all have our own opinion, black baldies, hereford x angus are queens in our area, but angus cows are good. i like brangus. a litte brahma makes a good milker i am interested in braford 3/8 brahma and 5/8 hereford like a brangus. i have wondered why they haven't caught on as well?

[email protected]

Look I am from Tennessee,,Black Angus is your best choice...In BWF,Brangus,Simms,Limms,and others are all influenced By Black Angus...Limms and Simms are black and polled because angus...Even Murry Gray are angus crosses... They are also common in your area thus easy to obtain.....alf

[email protected]

> we all have our own opinion, black
> baldies, hereford x angus are
> queens in our area, but angus cows
> are good. i like brangus. a litte
> brahma makes a good milker i am
> interested in braford 3/8 brahma
> and 5/8 hereford like a brangus. i
> have wondered why they haven't
> caught on as well? some people don't like a braford because of the white face and the tendencies to get pinkeye. thers nothing wrong with a braford, i personally like them very much. some brafords have brown around their eyes, this will help them to not get pinkeye as easily. keep auromycin crumbles, mixed with salt and this can help reduce your chances for pinkeye also.

[email protected]

> i really love the beefmaster cow
> heard with. The best cow is a something you need to consider by area ! Some breeds do better in west Texas than others, right ? But the best bull to use on those good cows is a Piedmontese ! Don't be afraid to learn something new and profitable.

[email protected]

> The best cow is the F1 Hereford x Angus. You will get the foragability, hardiness, motherability, and excellent temperment of hereford cattle. By crossing with Angus you get a black hide, good marbling, milking, and a very deep pool of genetics. By proper selection you can also maintain a small to medium frame in these cattle where you can't in an exotic cross. Plus you can find bulls and breeding heifers easier from these two breeds than any others, the certified Angus and certified Hereford beef programs that are avaible to breeders and commercial cattlemen are second to no others.

[email protected]

Before you make a final decision visit a few sale barns in your area and see what is selling the best. I learned this the hard way. If you want to make a profit listen to the dollars at the sale barn.

[email protected]

Learning new things requires an open mind. That's why I like to look at hard facts from USDA Research - rather than just asking breeders. Everyone has their own preference as to type, style, color etc. But - if you want to raise beef - the Piedmontese cattle have, over years of USDA testing at Clay Center, Nebraska MARC Program, proven to calve easily at a level equal to Hereford - Angus; and have gone on to produce the highest yielding carcasses (even compared to large exotics like Charolais) plus the most tender beef, consistently. If you want to raise beef, it's worth a look at using those good Hereford - Angus cows with a Piedmontese herd sire. One cross adds tremendous carcass performance...

[email protected]

I raise beefmasters in somerset ky. and have never had a problem with weather and beefmasters. We have approx. 50 test cows of different breeds. Mostly angus, sim. and charlois. The beefmasters come out of the winter better than any of the other breeds.> i really love the beefmaster cow
> heard with.

[email protected]

> I raise beefmasters in somerset
> ky. and have never had a problem
> with weather and beefmasters. We
> have approx. 50 test cows of
> different breeds. Mostly angus,
> sim. and charlois. The beefmasters
> come out of the winter better than
> any of the other breeds.> i
> really love the beefmaster cow have you crossed these beefmaster cows with sim or angus. i am wanting to find some commercial beefmasters in ky to cross with sim, or braunviev. what do you think about those crosses and were can i find commercial beefmaster cows in ky.

Latest posts