Best Cow/Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Ok, since this picture takin' thing is getting so popular on these boards, let's start a new contest.

Post your best cow / calf photos. And since I just HAPPEN to have a photo available.. I'll start! :D

BigLittleAfro1.jpg
[/img]

Nice! BullLady--what are you doing sneaking around my pasture again???
How about this momma?
PANA1164.JPG

I know, I know--the ears were a little short for even me! But if there's one thing I love to see--it's a devoted mother!

Feller that's a thick cow. My personal preference. Most say they eat too many groceries, but groceries aren't really a problem in my neck of the woods.

She was the kind that stayed fit on the air and a kind word. We sold her and her daughters (were 98-99% Red Angus) Fine group of girls, they were--surely missed!

I know, I know--the ears were a little short for even me! But if there's one thing I love to see--it's a devoted mother!

As I looked at the pic, I was thinking she didn't look like she was born in warm weather :D
Great looking cow - the right kind. Went to your website. Very impressive, excellent site. Cattle look awesome. Everyone ought to have a looksie.

here's a bunch of my favorite ones
This cow weighs maybe 900# and raises a 500#+ calf every year. Talk about Ratio
blackhereford.jpg

wanna talk about production?? her heifer calf, the black on on the right is goin to calf in the next few months, I'll try to snap a shot of that when I'm down there
P1010138.jpg

here's one of those charlois that's for sale...
221andcalf.jpg

Here's another high % angus cow with a fall calf
P1010057.jpg

fellersbarnoneranch":nfsh4137 said:
Nice! BullLady--what are you doing sneaking around my pasture again???
How about this momma?
PANA1164.JPG

The calf's ears look good. :D That frost bit can be tough, but it doesn't change the genetics.

Some very nice pictures so far! I will post the calves from last year, only had two. This year started off bad with the stillborn twins. Hopefully the one due in Mar. will go better. The two girls in the pictures are due April and May.
2004_0528_110512AA.jpg

2004_0415_094256AA.jpg

2004_0428_094243AA.jpg

Heyyyyy.. you can't tell me it looks like THAT in central WISCONSIN right now!! HAHAHHAHA!

Beautiful county WisRose! I grew up in northern Illinois.

That is a mighty fine looking heifer there, but this is the cow/calf thread bubba. Where is her mamma???? :) :) ;-)

Ok here they are...

Photos6.jpg

photos9.jpg

Patience(black cow is almost 1999 model, weighs 1700#) and her June 2004 calf Jaimie(red out of a highland bull, weighs 575#)

photos11.jpg

My longhorn Athena(2000 model, weighs 1100 approx) with her 2004 calf Justyn(left w/ horns) and here 2003 calf Jessan (right polled)

Photos5.jpg

This is my best looking cow and best producer....she doesnt have a calf yet but should with in two months. she weighs 1700# and is a 2000 model

Individual pictures can be seen here http://www.promiselandranch.net/index.htm

Latest posts