Best Country Singer Ever

Help Support CattleToday:

Cool song. Reminded me of something. When I was stationed in Korea, this little Korean feller decided to snatch my cap right off my head. Had do be drunk out of his mind or on some crazy ass dare. Mind you this is in a bar. Its a korean bar that caters to the American military. I looked at my friends and laughed and walked over to him at the bar. I politly asked for my hat back. Of course he probably didn't speak english anyway but he pushed me. He probably weighed about 120lbs. I was a 230lb muscle mass of testostorone at the age of 25 that had been drinking all night with a bunch of friends watching this going on... Its fun to think back sometimes.

Walt

We lost a good one there. I remember when I heard on the radio that he had died. It was really sad news.

Lammie":1qexhmav said:
We lost a good one there. I remember when I heard on the radio that he had died. It was really sad news.
Yeah, I don't see why he had to die. But his son Ned can really sing too, I've only ever heard him sing one song and that was Unbridled. Hopefully we will here more out of him.

*edit for spelling

HerefordSire":49xdpzsz said:
George Strait is beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Chris LeDoux, beats George Strait any day. He even sings Amarillo By Morning so much better.

FarmGirl10":3b1obfsq said:
HerefordSire":3b1obfsq said:
Chris LeDoux, beats George Strait any day. He even sings Amarillo By Morning so much better.

Tell us all that again after Chris sells another hundred million records.

Chris might have a tough time selling that many more records beings as he passed away a few years ago. Having met both of them I liked Chris better but then I knew him and just met George. To me George sings country and Chris was more western.

FarmGirl10":29ohd5tq said:
Lammie":29ohd5tq said:
Yeah, I don't see why he had to die. But his son Ned can really sing too, I've only ever heard him sing one song and that was Unbridled. Hopefully we will here more out of him.

*edit for spelling

Keep editing, you almost have it right--ya hear?
Now for grammar......
Was the song"Unbridled" or was Ned unbridled? :welcome:

Dave":m94pcfoq said:
Chris might have a tough time selling that many more records beings as he passed away a few years ago. Having met both of them I liked Chris better but then I knew him and just met George. To me George sings country and Chris was more western.
chris would have still have been singing rodeo and cowboy songs, if garth hadnt brought him to the country folks, i like him and george both chris just had a different crowd... i bet george has several of chris's CD'S if i had too guess and vice verca

GMN":b1sf7clg said:
FarmGirl10":b1sf7clg said:

Thats one of my favorite Chris LeDoux songs. He never really got the star status like he should, but I always got the impression that he lived like he wanted and that was that.

GMN
right he was rodeoin', while george persude his music. ive heard george say himself in a interveiw that he envyed the rodeo cowboys, but had too stick with what he done best

GMN":1lhn82nv said:
FarmGirl10":1lhn82nv said:

Thats one of my favorite Chris LeDoux songs. He never really got the star status like he should, but I always got the impression that he lived like he wanted and that was that.
GMN
He was not the star he should have been, but those of us who are fans make up for it. Heck I've bought 20 of his albums.

TexasBred":1de6sah1 said:
FarmGirl10":1de6sah1 said:
HerefordSire":1de6sah1 said:

Tell us all that again after Chris sells another hundred million records.
Record sales doesn't say a whole lot. Look at how many records Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban have sold. (And No I'm not comparing the quality of GS to Rascal Flats). Having said that, George Strait is my second favorite.

Garth might have introduce alot more people to music by Chris but he was a star long before Garth came along. I had worn out tapes by Chris Ledoux sitting on my dash board 12-15 years before I ever heard of Garth Brook. Some of the best music I have had the pleasure to listen to was Chris In a bar, or hotel room, or even behind the chutes. Chris was a cowboy who liked to sing, unlike most others who are singers who like to play cowboy.

Latest posts