Best Connealy bull

Help Support CattleToday:

LJCB

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on which bull they like and why!

I'll be interested in hearing your opinions. I have just been thinking I would like to add another Connealy bull to my tank. I have used Connealy Earnan but where I liked the phenotype but his offspring inherited poor calving ease numbers which made them harder to sell though I had no trouble with calving and middle of the road calving weights. I also have exposure to Connealy Capitalist through his son LD Capitalist

Ken

I really don't know why they don't put their bulls on their website like every other big breeder.

Spur is a bull I'm really wanting to use.
I have lots and lots of century 5739 calves. Oldest ones were born in September. They sure look good.

We've got some good Lead On and 7229 cows. Those are the only two we've used, but they have worked well for us. The LO cows could get a little too wet, but if paired up with lower milk production type cows, he hit a home run. 7229 has worked well for us in our search for a good cow maker. We have not had any feet issues, but we make the heifers jump through several hoops to make it to the herd...maybe some were culled there? He can moderate frame in 1 generation, which we like. Only had 1 calf that he did not bring frame down on...it was a steer, but son of a gun was he good! Thick as the day is long and puppy dog gentle. We put him in the freezer and he had a big, WELL marbled ribeyes and the meat was great. Of course, some of that was the finishing ration.

Confidence Plus sons have topped several upper midwest angus bull sales recently. Don't know much about him, but noted the trend.
I have a bit of exposure to 7229 and would agree with others.

LJCB said:
I really don't know why they don't put their bulls on their website like every other big breeder.

They don't retain any ownership of their bulls. No semen ownership either. So that is one reason why the AI shops love their bulls.

As far as I know, Connealy are renowned for their female lines. At the same time they do not sell females, except for the Pick of dams. What happens to their heifers?

I'm not sure he's the best, but I like Impression if you cross him correctly.
I'd want to use him on a docile cow that needs thickened if I was planning on keeping the heifer calf, if I got one.

Latest posts