Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brahmousin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Braford

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Beefmaster

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters
Well, maybe I should reword that. What is everyone's favorite?

i voted for beefmasters because thats what i have.but they are suited for hot dry climates.as well as bg rough pastures.

What's an RX3. I thought that was a Mazda car with a wankel engine

FarmGirl10":1jvjuwg8 said:
dun":1jvjuwg8 said:
What's an RX3. I thought that was a Mazda car with a wankel engine
Lol, and I thought you were a walking encyclopedia of everything bovine.
They are 1/4 Hereford, 1/4 Red Holstein, and 1/2 Red Angus.
Check them out. http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/cattle/

Of course, it's the 3waycross :cowboy:

Seriously we are looking at something similar and should have the first calves on the ground soon. Gelbvieh/ShorthornxRed Angus. Hoping for polled solid or almost solid red calves and mommas that milk real well. Also hopefully no darned calves to pull.

I'm suprised that no one so far has known this breed. I haven't seen any in a long time, but I thought someone would have atleast heard of them.

That's what I thought. I'm thinking about doing a poll on Appendix breeds too.

I voted droughtmaster because I were so impressed with the bull I saw on here yesterday. Otherwise santa gertrudis and beefmaster are my favourites ( albeit my experience from these breeds in real life is zero; I have read lots of good about them).
There are no composites here in sweden, but I am making one out of swedish red, piedmontese and a few nature breeds. It is supposed to be gold brindle when it is completed.

Droughtmaster,South Brahvon,Charbray are my picks for performance in rugged harsh Australian climates. For the softer areas I'd say Black Baldy and South Devon/Angus (called Australis here in Australia) Though Higher Angus content Brangus are allright same goes for higher Charolais content Charbray.
Each to their own.

FarmGirl10":1507zcbf said:
I'm suprised that no one so far has known this breed. I haven't seen any in a long time, but I thought someone would have atleast heard of them.

Could be it hasn;t been heard about much because it's pretty much a useless cross. Almost in the same category as black Herefords ot unBalancers.

Cattle_007.jpg

Just my effort to get ANAZAZI to switch the vote to BLACK BRANGUS.

Greenjeans

I voted for Beefmaster, but that is because I have quite a few of those, and they do well in the Oklahoma hot summers, and forage. But around here, Brangus is a huge choice also.

in america charbray aint that popular a breed.... those two dont really compliment each other to well.... but you use a charolais bull on a good set of brangus/beefmaster/braford moma cows ...then you spike

ANAZAZI":35fu661m said:
I voted droughtmaster because I were so impressed with the bull I saw on here yesterday. Otherwise santa gertrudis and beefmaster are my favourites ( albeit my experience from these breeds in real life is zero; I have read lots of good about them).
There are no composites here in sweden, but I am making one out of swedish red, piedmontese and a few nature breeds. It is supposed to be gold brindle when it is completed.
I think you will be happy with the addition of Piedmontese. Please share pictures when they hit the ground! :tiphat:

Latest posts