best Christmas present?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I was thinking today what is the best Christmas present I ever got, thought I'd put it out there to all of you.

Mine was, when I was 9 I got a kitten.

GMN

IluvABbeef":11u4hmw3 said:
I can't even remember most of the presents I got... :shock:
the best christmas present i got was a pinball machine when i was 10.the machine was just like the 1s in the arcades.i wokeup at 2am hearing bells an flippers going off.thinking i was dreaming i layed in bed till 3am .then i got up an checked an i had a pinball machine.

When I was 12 I got a heifer for Christmas. Everybody at school laughed about it but I didn't care, beats getting alot of junk that was torn up in a couple of days.

Favorite Christmas Gifts:
American Flyer electric train. Still have it. Got it in about 1965.
Shetland Pony named "Honey." Mean as heck though!
Winchester 9422 lever action rifle. (Didn't shoot my eye out)
Terry towel bathrobe. Feels good after feeding cows in the cold and getting a hot shower!

One of my best gifts was the year I quit working retail. As the manager I had to be at the store Boxing Day morning by 7:00 AM and I would work until usually around 7:30 PM with a 10 to 15 minute break to eat a piece of pizza. Boxing Day in Canada is like the day after Thanksgiving in the US for shopping. Needless to say I could never really get into Christmas dinner. I was watching the clock and trying to get home to get lots of sleep to deal with the craziness of the next day.
My first year that I came back to the ranch was great. Mom told me to take Boxing Day off, she fed the cows and did all the chores. My husband bought me a computer game. So on Christmas I fed the cows and then had a long relaxing dinner, staying late and enjoying every minute of it and then I had the best Boxing Day ever. I slept in and didn't get out of my PJ's all day. My husband as part of my gift made me turkey sandwiches and just spoiled me all day. It was a great Christmas.

I got a horse one year.
I was all set to buy her on my own, and I had gone out to look at her a few times, and fell in love. I was going to wait till after Christmas to get a vet check done and bring her home. Well on Christmas eve mom called me while I was out and told me my coach had called and asked if I could come fill in a spot where someone had cancelled a lesson. So I went down to the barn, and the mare I had fallen in love with was standing in one of the stalls. I was absolutely speechless!

TCFC

Latest posts