Best cell phone for the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a iPhone with the life proof case and love it. The life proof case is will worth the money and is the best in my opinion

I have the iPhone with the otter box. I think the life proof is tougher but it's to slick for me. The soft rubber of the otter helps it stay in my pocket when I lean over.
I've had the iPhone since right after they came out and it's tougher than the ones I had before. I'm hard on a phone too. Mine stay wet from sweat in the summer, get lots of shock from being dropped and stay full of dust. And get thousands of hours of use.

SmokinM":20rrrb3u said:
Thanks for the input. I figured there were a few on here that are as hard on them as I am! I stay outside and live in the dirt/drop zone so life is rough for everything I carry. I had looked at the Commando like KT suggested and was leaning that way but will look again at the I-phone otter box combo. The Kyocera Torque looks like the best one but can only get that thru Sprint and they don't have a good reputation here. KT do you use the outdoor features on yours very often? Also any great gps apps for figuring acreage or tracking hunting spots etc. ? Thanks again for the help!
I use google maps often. Otherwise I don't do much with it.

Have an iphone with an otterbox also. like Jed says the otterbox is not slick and does not slide out of your pocket.

Thanks again for the info. everyone. I-phone is a lot more popular than I thought. I guess otter boxes are tougher than they look. I know the smartphone will help with my business but I will miss my flip phone. I figure google maps will come in handy but am hoping I can find something that will let me plot points and an acreage calculator would be great when I am seeding and fertilizing. Anybody have anything on theirs that works like that?

SmokinM":jpqfoes0 said:
Thanks again for the info. everyone. I-phone is a lot more popular than I thought. I guess otter boxes are tougher than they look. I know the smartphone will help with my business but I will miss my flip phone. I figure google maps will come in handy but am hoping I can find something that will let me plot points and an acreage calculator would be great when I am seeding and fertilizing. Anybody have anything on theirs that works like that?
Not on my iPhone but on my iPad I have GeoMeasure. It will do some of what you want. Don't know if it is a app for iPhone.

MeasureMap works both iPhone and iPad to plot points, fence lines, paths, fields and figure distances and areas. You can save "maps" locally or to "the cloud" and can merge maps if you like. I use it a lot. Requires a GPS enabled device to 'drop pins at current location'.

I'd settle for a simple one that doesn't have the ring volume control on the side. Every time I move, it seems I unknowingly turn the volume all the way down.

After going through 4 different phones in 1 year I got a Verizon convoy 2 made by samsung and have had it for 4 years now.
Lost it in the cow lot in about an inch of snow and couldn't find until 3 days later.
It had been stomped on and kicked around but was still working.
Only thing I do is talk or listen on mine. Grandkids call it a dumb phone.

Cal

I have had the Boulder flip phone for 5 yrs. & it has been tough for sure dropped,soaked,crushed and thrown! I would for my part stay with the simple or even better none at all but when you own your own business this day and age you about have to have one and the smart phone could come in handy for a few things. I have really been looking hard at the Commando phone because the same people make it that made the Boulder. Will check the I-phone out again since that seems to be the most popular.Thanks for everyone's input.

Latest posts