Best Cattle Country in Texas?

Help Support CattleToday:

rtmp

Reaction score
What is the best all around area in Texas for cattle ranching. I realize there are many factors, but generally what part of the state would be the best for a cattle ranch? Consider land costs, cows per acre, etc. Thanks in advance.

cherokeeruby":1f0m6ykc said:
I believe I read somewhere that Northeast Texas has the most cows per acre. Hope this helps.

Northeast Texas is the part of Texas that is closest to Eastern Oklahoma, which would in fact make it the best part of Texas! :D

Don't know about land cost for different areas, but hard to beat Houston area when not working cattle. Always something that you can do with the family.

I like Navarro Co. Its still affordable (around $900-1200 ac) and its rains a lot. You can have about 1 pair to 5-7 acres on native grasses.
I read that in West and Southwest you need about 50 ac per pair. Don't know if its true but the places I've been to in the Southwest are pretty dry.

Andrew

Hello to everybody. I am a new user and I have a few questions to see who can help me. My name is Lorenzo I own a few dozes of cows in Mexico. Family of mine take care of them. Every year I go, check them out and sell the calfs. But I was interested in the importation of calf here into the U.S. via Texas. My question is where would I sell them and how doe the prices work. Is the bussinness worth it? Please send any replies to my e-mail at [email protected] :D

Hello Lorenzo,
You need to PM Alejandro Dela Garza and ask him your question. He is on the Texas, Mexico boarder and he would know the answer to your question.

Latest posts