Best baler for the money

Help Support CattleToday:

J Baxter

Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on the best baler for the money? If you yourself were going to buy a baler new or used what would you be looking for?

JB

Whatever the guy that bales our hay uses is great with me. I have never had any problems with it. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

txshowmom":1j7vogx5 said:
Whatever the guy that bales our hay uses is great with me. I have never had any problems with it. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

The question is

If you yourself were going to buy a baler new or used what would you be looking for?

JB

J Baxter":3fk7rpi9 said:
What is everyone's opinion on the best baler for the money? If you yourself were going to buy a baler new or used what would you be looking for?

JB

I like Krone balers, little pricey compared to a M&W.

We use a JD baler, and after 10 years, have had very few mechanical problems with it. It bales great most of the time, if the hay is powder dry. If you hit a damp spot when starting a bale, you'll be digging out the throat, but that may be true with all balers I don't know. We usually resize our belts about every 1000 rolls to keep the bales as tight as possible.

Used.........Personally i like the New Holland Chain Balers.Very very tough balers. Good for baleage as well.

For a New Baler.....John Deere , Vermeer or New Holland make real good belt balers.

Latest posts