Best Angus Calves This Year?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bruiser (but in fairness I bred them all to him last spring)

Lazy,
Do you have any photos of your Bruiser calves? Do they have nice top lines? His photo makes him look like he has a dip in the middle of his back. ABS is bad about not having photos of the offspring. I don't know why big semen companies don't do a better job of getting photos of calves.

The Niagara bull calves here are surely a stout bunch

Black granite, R294, and my Bismarck son's calves all look equally well, as does my limelight son's. but BY FAR the one calf that stands out is out of shf ribeye. Too bad I only used him on 5 cows and only one that took.

Air gator":2qzwbaom said:
Lazy,
Do you have any photos of your Bruiser calves? Do they have nice top lines? His photo makes him look like he has a dip in the middle of his back. ABS is bad about not having photos of the offspring. I don't know why big semen companies don't do a better job of getting photos of calves.
I've posted a few heifers that I retained from last spring, but will try to post a few of the heifers and a couple project bulls that I saved from the fall group in the next day or two.

Ribeye looks pretty nice. I have some Brahman-Holstein and Brahman-Brown Swiss he might work with. Maybe I would get some Tiger Stripes?

Here are 2 of our 3 Conneally Comrade heifers so far this year. (Three more calves due any day). The steer we got from him last year I'm not that impressed with this spring. But I like these 2 girls so far. The one on the left was born in the late March snow, and the one on the right was born in the April sleet. She got sick but pulled through and has grown amazingly since then. Like all of the Comrade calves we've had so far, they were small at birth but vigorous and take off growing.
What do you think of them?

I guess there's a reason for Comrade being Select Sires top seller two years in a row. They are really nice. They have some style and the April calf looks big for an April calf. What are their mamas like?

I came across some nice bulls out of Niagara, Comrade and Patriot.
http://www.stewartselectangus.com/WhatNew.html

Bismarks and Confidence. Always are the best ones I feel. Seen some Journey and Remedy calves last night. Maybe they will change some but not impressed. SAC Conversation heifer calves were pretty sharp. We will use Bismark till I run out of semen!

Air gator":2nhrci7c said:
I guess there's a reason for Comrade being Select Sires top seller two years in a row. They are really nice. They have some style and the April calf looks big for an April calf. What are their mamas like?

I came across some nice bulls out of Niagara, Comrade and Patriot.
http://www.stewartselectangus.com/WhatNew.html

Thanks! I checked my records and they were born March 22 and 30. Doing well for 2 months especially given that we calve outside and the weather was just awful. Their mothers are both nice, a bit less rump though.
I like that last Comrade son you posted. My steer has a bit of the dreaded hatchet you-know-what.

From what I have seen, people who have Bismarcks like Bismarcks.
His docility is about breed average. What is your experience with Bismarck's calves behavior?

Till-Hill...what is the right type of heifer/cow to use Confidence?

Var Generations seems be hot right now. What can you tell us about SAV Ten Speeds?

Confidence makes them moderate. Not as much as black granite. I am on board we previous post about Niagara. He was page 1 of SS spring directory. Combines 2 very good bulls in Hoover Dam and 454.

I bred quite a few to this bull. My ai tech switched company's so I decided to give them a try. Every bull in the book was on special for 10$ a straw introductory price. Wasn't to overly impressed with his numbers, but we will see how the calves turn out. How does he look?

Tbrake,
Did they have Connealy United in the catalog? He is a bull I really like.

Latest posts