Beltie sale April 21 in Maine

Help Support CattleToday:

LLBUX

Reaction score
There is a large regional sale of purebred Belted Galloway Cattle in Fryeburg Maine on Saturday, April 21.

This sale is sponsored by the New England Galloway Group and features all classes of cattle including opens, breds, bulls , semen and embryos (flushes too)

Sale starts at noon Eastern Time and will be broadcast on DVAuctions

Do they have a lot of those things up there? Around here there are a couple, more of the hobby type folks.

Yes, they have a lot of Belted Galloway cattle in New England. Also lots in Wisconsin and Texas

They have a big breed encouragement type deal going on up here. Trying to get more people interested i guess. I think it's pretty neat. They have this one program where they give youth a heifer calf with the deal that the first heifer calf that cow has goes back in the program to someone else.

How did the auction go? Did anyone here attend?

Quality of the animals was very good and sale was strong. Open heifers averaged $2800, Breds a little more and a cow calf pair was about $4000

I have a strong market for Belties here in Central Illinois.

I bid an open heifer up to $3500. Transportation here was another $500 which I didn't think was too bad.

There is another online sale in late May on one of the online companies. That sale will include all colors of Galloways and prices will not be as strong.

Yes, some of the regional groups will supply a heifer to a junior member each year. They also have a free semen program for juniors.

In the heifer program, the first heifer calf is returned to be offered to another junior member.

Latest posts