Belted Galloway

Help Support CattleToday:

it is said the black galloway and the dutch belted. That is what makes sense to me also.

So where did the belt on the Dutch Belteds come from?

dun

> it is said the black galloway and
> the dutch belted. That is what
> makes sense to me also.

almost unknown, but did you know they are also Red Dutch Belted cattle, they look nice as nice as the miniature Panda cattle

> So where did the belt on the Dutch
> Belteds come from?

> dun

[email protected]

> nurserymen and orchardists are always on the look out for 'sports' that breed true. Sometimes us livestock guys get lucky too.

> Belteds come from?

> dun

They fed them oreos?

Well that answers which came first, the Oreo or the cow. Now if we could just figure out which came first, the chicken or the egg.

dun

> They fed them oreos?

> Belteds come from?

> dun I have seen these for the first time. I finally found the breed. These are so neat looking!

[email protected]

I've never read anything that says for sure, but I'd bet there's some holstein in there some where. If you find something let me know. I love this sort of useless information. What's your guess? I'm sure your guess is better than mine... Kevin

It's hard to tell. Where did the Hereford color pattern come from. A friend of mine has a bunch of 1/2 to 1/4 dutch belted cows. Whe he breeds them to Holsteins he gets spotted holstein looking things, when he uses a Jersey or Milking Shorthorn he gets belts, and there calves do the same. He hasn't had a belted bull in about 4 generations, but he keeps getting belted calves. Must be one helluva tough pattern gene somewhere

dun

> I've never read anything that says
> for sure, but I'd bet there's some
> holstein in there some where. If
> you find something let me know. I
> love this sort of useless
> information. What's your guess?
> I'm sure your guess is better than
> mine... Kevin