• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Belted Galloway

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

it is said the black galloway and the dutch belted. That is what makes sense to me also.

A

Anonymous

So where did the belt on the Dutch Belteds come from?

dun

> it is said the black galloway and
> the dutch belted. That is what
> makes sense to me also.

A

Anonymous

almost unknown, but did you know they are also Red Dutch Belted cattle, they look nice as nice as the miniature Panda cattle

> So where did the belt on the Dutch
> Belteds come from?

> dun

[email protected]

A

Anonymous

> nurserymen and orchardists are always on the look out for 'sports' that breed true. Sometimes us livestock guys get lucky too.

A

Anonymous

> Belteds come from?

> dun

They fed them oreos?

A

Anonymous

Well that answers which came first, the Oreo or the cow. Now if we could just figure out which came first, the chicken or the egg.

dun

> They fed them oreos?

A

Anonymous

====i think they crossed it with a hampsher boar an kept breeding up

A

Anonymous

> Belteds come from?

> dun I have seen these for the first time. I finally found the breed. These are so neat looking!

[email protected]

A

Anonymous

I've never read anything that says for sure, but I'd bet there's some holstein in there some where. If you find something let me know. I love this sort of useless information. What's your guess? I'm sure your guess is better than mine... Kevin

A

Anonymous

It's hard to tell. Where did the Hereford color pattern come from. A friend of mine has a bunch of 1/2 to 1/4 dutch belted cows. Whe he breeds them to Holsteins he gets spotted holstein looking things, when he uses a Jersey or Milking Shorthorn he gets belts, and there calves do the same. He hasn't had a belted bull in about 4 generations, but he keeps getting belted calves. Must be one helluva tough pattern gene somewhere

dun

> I've never read anything that says
> for sure, but I'd bet there's some
> holstein in there some where. If
> you find something let me know. I
> love this sort of useless
> information. What's your guess?
> I'm sure your guess is better than
> mine... Kevin

Latest posts