belgian blue

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

what is the history of this bull as well as when was the breed association formed? and what are the standards for registration? what characteristics would disqualify animal for registration?

[email protected]

josh":2ud3khw5 said:
what is the history of this bull as well as when was the breed association formed? and what are the standards for registration? what characteristics would disqualify animal for registration?

[email protected]
:D :) :( :lol:

Here's a link to the OK State University livestock breeds website:

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/cattle/

Click on Belgium Blues and it gives a history of the breed. It if doesn't give all the info you want, there's an address at the end for the breed association. They can probably answer any more questions.

Good luck...

for your animal to be registered it must be 100% belgian blue, bred from pedigree stock.

there is no way you can enter the belgian herd book in any other way.

i know this because i am a BB breeder in belgium myself

Hello:
A few years back when Belgian Blues where a new breed I did get some stakes from a Fullblood Belgian Blue and it was the best meat that I have ever eaten.

At one time here in the USA there where over five different Belgian Blue Assn.

I did hope and think at one time the large Turkey breeders and the large commerical Turkey opperations would understand and know how to raise and produce Belgian Blue meat on a commerical scale, with all of there high tech back ground and with all of there capital, I did think they could make some head way with the Belgain Blue breed on a large commerical scale.

There are some managment skills that are needed to raise fullblood Belgain Blues in a large commerical operation.

If I could buy Fullblood Belgain Blue meat I would do it, but so far there is nothing localy being marketed!

Where I am located at I do not think that Belgain Blues could deal with the high desert temps, I live about 130 miles west of Death Valley,CA.
Regards
Lee