Belarus 560 2wd?

Help Support CattleToday:

My father-in-law owns a Belarus, not sure if its a 560, but its a diesel 4 cyl. Its ok.. poor resale value if u are going to resell someday. He had problems with the radiator leaking, wheelbase was too short, so he turned the back wheels around to get a wider wheel base. Also had a power steering leak problem. He fixed all that, but just not a really good quality tractor in my opinion. Not to mention all the guages and dials are all in Russian. бензин,температура,нефтяное давление... IN English : gasoline, temperature, oil pressure.
Its a strong tractor, always starts, and especially good in very cold weather. Cheap to buy... not sure if I would buy one or not.

I didn't take the time to look that model up to see if it's air cooled. Have a neighbor that had one that was air cooled. Had a broken crank shaft a few years back. Had it replaced and ran another couple of hundred hours and that one broke. The guy that put the crank in lives in sight of my house. He said the owner never cleaned the engine and the cooling fins were stopped up with oily dust and dirt. He thinks it got to hot and caused the crank problem plus the engine oil used wasn't rated for diesel. That tractor is at the boneyard on RT 40 near Gretna Va.

Or local crop insurance agent had one. His was water cooled. He went through a water pump every year while he had it. Broke an axle twice, broke the PTO shaft once and replaced the clutch once. Both these tractors were 90's year models.

There's a dairy farm in the next county that has an older Belarus. It painted white or off white. That thing has been running forever. They only use it for pulling silage wagons and on the yard. And a guy I work with has one on the 80-90 hp range with cab and loader. He bought it cheap and is happy with it. It only moves round bales of hay.

I never could get use to the gear shift pattern. It was like cracking a code for me. :lol: Lift/twist/push /pull/press down. After I looked at them, I went on to my local Long dealer and bought a Long.

I bought a couple in 94. A 802 cab ac 2wd and a 400 an.
I sold them in 04. I replaced them with 2 Fotons from Rural King.
If you have some mechanical ability you can do well with Belarus. I had minor electrical issues, replaced 1 clutch and redid some hydraulics mainly o rings and the like.
I didnt like the cab and my dad got confused about the transmission on the 802. I got more than I paid for the 400 and only 6000 for the 802.
Both were in excellent condition less than 1000 hours each.
the 560 I would pay no more than 1500 if you like it and everything works.
It all depends on your mechanical ability, dont buy it with the need to get someone else to work on it.