being a good neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
a buddy that we sell some hay to called last week needing 2 bales of hay delivered an put out before it got cold.so we took him 2 bales an put it out for him since his tractor is down.so this morning we hooked the hay hauler up an are taking him 4 bales before he runs out.the goodthing he is close to where the hay is.

bigbull338":3vqbstv4 said:
a buddy that we sell some hay to called last week needing 2 bales of hay delivered an put out before it got cold.so we took him 2 bales an put it out for him since his tractor is down.so this morning we hooked the hay hauler up an are taking him 4 bales before he runs out.the goodthing he is close to where the hay is.
You are a good guy BB. Speaking of which I need 10 bales delivered. I'll PM you my address, please have them here by 5:pM tomorrow. :lol:

Isomade":10j54sgp said:
You are a good guy BB. Speaking of which I need 10 bales delivered. I'll PM you my address, please have them here by 5:pM tomorrow. :lol:

Dam....you beat me to it. I figured a good neighbor like that would be good for 8 minimum. ;-)

yes we are selling him the hay at far less than what he could buy it from others.but you see there are other factors involved as well.like he pays for the hay when he can not as he gets it.plys he has no way to haul the hay.plus he is the only person we sell hay to.an his cows like our hay over other hay that he bought when we didnt have extra hay to sell him.

Thanks for explaining,now I look at it in a different way. I am meeting with a landowner this after noon who lives 300 miles away to see what I can do to help him with his place and am not expecting any financial gain from it.

cowboy43":n5id33k2 said:
Thanks for explaining,now I look at it in a different way. I am meeting with a landowner this after noon who lives 300 miles away to see what I can do to help him with his place and am not expecting any financial gain from it.
I'll bet I'm not more than 300 miles from you. As long as we're at it while BB brings the hay you can come and work for a few days. Guaranteed NO financial gain. :D

That's good of you. Its nice to have neighbors that understand its a two way street.

I happen to have a neighbor that needs hay each week. He normally calls me Sunday morning or in the afternoons after 6:00 pm when its convenient for him. Its always an emergency but he pays on the spot and cash to boot. I could give you his name if you need more hay business.. ;-)

joe heres the real kicker his mom an dad where family friends for over 50yrs.an me an his dad used to run togather alot after my dad died.so i always try to help him as much as i can.

Its good of you and really, you are also doing yourself a favor by dropping more off than what can be paid for cause this reduces the number of inevitble trips you will have to make to deliver it. I've never understood people who own livestock who purchase their hay on a week to week basis when they should know what their hay needs will be. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind steady weekly cashflow but sometimes it can be inconvenient and if they would buy it when its in the field I can sell it much cheaper but I do add a surcharge for the aggrevation.

Jogeephus":27niak4w said:
Its good of you and really, you are also doing yourself a favor by dropping more off than what can be paid for cause this reduces the number of inevitble trips you will have to make to deliver it. I've never understood people who own livestock who purchase their hay on a week to week basis when they should know what their hay needs will be. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind steady weekly cashflow but sometimes it can be inconvenient and if they would buy it when its in the field I can sell it much cheaper but I do add a surcharge for the aggrevation.
:secret: only thing that makes it worthwhile....Guess my feller found a new source as he hasn't been by in about a month. :banana:

My fella dropped by today as I'm busting tail trying to get things squared away so I can go visit my mother. Too many things to do and too little time. I think when I get back I'm going to bring him 40 rolls and he can pay me as he feeds them. My "horse rancher" hasn't shown up yet. I'm sure he will call me on Thanksgiving and expect me to drive 6 hours to load his roll because it will be an emergency for sure since the feed store will be closed.

Good deeds are not to be publicized by the deed doer but only by the one receiving the deeds. if doing the deed makes you feel good then keep it to yourself.

In his world we are no one and of no consequence so I don't think this applies - IMO. Its actually nice to hear good things for a change and that someone is doing good things rather than bad. We can leave all the bad stuff for the news and the papers but here I think its nice to see people helping others. Might set an example for someone to follow. JMHO

hurleyjd":3dolnflp said:
Good deeds are not to be publicized by the deed doer but only by the one receiving the deeds. if doing the deed makes you feel good then keep it to yourself.

:tiphat:

Latest posts