Beginning to hate rain

Help Support CattleToday:

That truck is going to need a good cleaning and a little yellow wax would do wonders.

I hate it and the clouds it falls from, just to be honest. It has wrecked havoc on tobacco for the last 4 years. Wet august here comes the fungus from hell. To be total honest a small drought would be a lot cheaper. I will never ever wish for rain, until oct.-jan. When i need humidity

I can't imagine driving a nice truck in a field and bogging it up. I bogged my Samurai up a couple of days ago in Joiner creek and had to walk out about 3 miles. It was about 3 in the afternoon and I had shorts and Crocs on.

everyone from Fla to the Texas coast and inward just as well get ready to get wet.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/91L-Likely-Become-Gulf-Mexico-Tropical-Cyclone-Tuesday

91L Likely to Become a Gulf of Mexico Tropical Cyclone by Tuesday
Invest91L is what this wave is currently being called.
Here's where it is, and where it is 'thought' to be going:

Thunderstorm activity associated with a tropical wave located
between north-central Cuba and the central Bahamas is gradually
becoming better organized, and upper-level winds are also becoming
more favorable. A tropical depression is likely to form during the
next day or so while the system moves west-northwestward across the
northwestern Bahamas, southern Florida, and the Florida Keys. The
system is forecast to emerge over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico by
early Tuesday and move toward the north-central Gulf Coast Tuesday
night and Wednesday. This system will produce locally heavy rains
and gusty winds across the central and northwestern Bahamas,
southern Florida, and the Florida Keys during the next day or two. A
tropical storm watch could be issued for portions of the northern
Gulf Coast tonight. Interests in these areas should monitor the
progress of this system. There is a high chance for tropical cyclone
formation within 48 hours.

The latest rainfall guidance from the National Weather Service predicts that 91L will bring widespread rainfall amounts of 5" to the U.S. Gulf Coast. The coast along the Texas/Louisiana border is already experiencing heavy rains due to a separate weather system; some areas had already gotten 3" of rain by Sunday afternoon, according to the NWS in Lake Charles. From the NWS in Houston: "Our local flash flood decision tree is indicating a high risk of flash flooding with maximum rainfall totals by Monday evening between 8-10 inches. What is worrisome is that the TT WRF is showing a boundary and training cells over Galveston/Brazoria and southern Harris counties Monday morning (09-18z). A Flash Flood Watch will be required tonight and Monday for a large part of SE TX."

More African waves to watch this week
The African tropical wave factory will kick out at least two more systems worth monitoring this week, with the European model showing the potential for development of new tropical waves emerging from the coast on Monday and on Thursday. It's that time of year!

The wife and I are leaving for Louisiana in the morning. My son is on vacation and the boats are down in port fourchon, so I'm bringing them up the bayou.

M-5":253yyx5o said:
LoL, I'm at 56.6" ytd . I have been discouraged but I'm not going to cuss it. Seems a few months ago you were complaining about being dry.

not about it being dry but about how it was raining like crazy then it got dry the dry was welcomed for the most part

True Grit Farms":3vzm74ok said:
I can't imagine driving a nice truck in a field and bogging it up. I bogged my Samurai up a couple of days ago in Joiner creek and had to walk out about 3 miles. It was about 3 in the afternoon and I had shorts and Crocs on.

I drive anything wherever I want to go doesn't do any good to baby it cause you can baby it then go on the road and someone can tear it up for ya however I understand what you mean

True Grit Farms":12ce8bby said:
The wife and I are leaving for Louisiana in the morning. My son is on vacation and the boats are down in port fourchon, so I'm bringing them up the bayou.
Smart plan for sure. Fourchon...almost to the end of the world in Venice, they call it down there.
I think this one will be fairly mild TG, as it won't have really hi winds in it, and shouldn't have really high tides, but it is that time of year. We all know that any disturbance can fool everybody and turn into a monster in no time at all or fade away quickly.
I know I'll never take a floodwater chance again.

skyhightree1":3bdmmnfh said:
True Grit Farms":3bdmmnfh said:

I drive anything wherever I want to go doesn't do any good to baby it cause you can baby it then go on the road and someone can tear it up for ya however I understand what you mean
A good set of Nitto or Toyo mt's will make a lot of difference off-road, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse.

True Grit Farms":7p1tqwuz said:

I can't imagine having a nice truck and not having to drive it out in a field. My new truck won't go in 4x4 right now. I need to take it in I guess. What's the warranty on that now , you know?

Flo has already hit here. 3 inches since midnight according to my weather monitor and data station. Since Saturday morning we have gotten over 7 inches of rain. Plus, a 30 degree drop in temperatures.

Kentucky is setting up for one of the highest precipitation years on record.

I am beginning to hate rain!!!

Rained hard here overnight and most of the day today so far. Hollers look like rivers. The road and parking lot in front of our church is standing in water and services were cancelled. The roof on the local post office has collapsed.

Latest posts