When are we not beginners...how many years and how many cattle? just wondering
1st question----- After about 40 years
2nd question---- Many Many Many

la4angus":2d57f3vv said:
donnaIL":2d57f3vv said:

Thats why cattlemen live to be very old crusty men to see if they accomplished anything. When they see they have we die.

Campground Cattle":wpkj4sig said:
la4angus":wpkj4sig said:
donnaIL":wpkj4sig said:

Thats why cattlemen live to be very old crusty men to see if they accomplished anything. When they see they have we die.
That's why I am not dead yet. Haven't accomplished anything.
Of course I am only 29. My daughter is 30.

la4angus":34almml3 said:
Campground Cattle":34almml3 said:
la4angus":34almml3 said:
donnaIL":34almml3 said:

my Dad is 68 and is still working at the farm or at least is what we are told :)

{quote}my Dad is 68 and is still working at the farm or at least is what we are told}

You must be as young as Macon Looks on his Avatar.

Happy Easter to Everyone

la4angus":1ugqr52d said:
{quote}my Dad is 68 and is still working at the farm or at least is what we are told}

You must be as young as Macon Looks on his Avatar.

Happy Easter to Everyone
I'm 40 yrs. old, look at the Brizantha photo in the feedyard forum, even is not so clear that is what I look like

A. delaGarza":2icrrwdq said:
la4angus":2icrrwdq said:
Campground Cattle":2icrrwdq said:
la4angus":2icrrwdq said:
donnaIL":2icrrwdq said:

my Dad is 68 and is still working at the farm or at least is what we are told :)

Never miss a day to go spend time and get advice from your Dad. I lost mine two years ago and I still catch myself talking to him in the pasture

Campground Cattle":32vgz4n0 said:
A. delaGarza":32vgz4n0 said:
la4angus":32vgz4n0 said:
Campground Cattle":32vgz4n0 said:
la4angus":32vgz4n0 said:
donnaIL":32vgz4n0 said:

Never miss a day to go spend time and get advice from your Dad. I lost mine two years ago and I still catch myself talking to him in the pasture

Totally agree! We lost our dad, the 'old man', to cancer at age 66. My sons and I with my brother have kept things going but there is not a day goes by that his advice is not needed. We didn't always agree but it surely would be nice to be able to argue with him once in a while. :) After 8 years we only have two cows left that were heifers when he died. It's time for one of them to go but my brother just hasn't been able to turn it loose yet. Enjoy your family and friends while you can. Always remember, the most important things in life are not things!

fit2btied":1gh58ucq said:
Campground Cattle":1gh58ucq said:
A. delaGarza":1gh58ucq said:
la4angus":1gh58ucq said:
Campground Cattle":1gh58ucq said:
la4angus":1gh58ucq said:
donnaIL":1gh58ucq said:

Totally agree! We lost our dad, the 'old man', to cancer at age 66. My sons and I with my brother have kept things going but there is not a day goes by that his advice is not needed. We didn't always agree but it surely would be nice to be able to argue with him once in a while. :) After 8 years we only have two cows left that were heifers when he died. It's time for one of them to go but my brother just hasn't been able to turn it loose yet. Enjoy your family and friends while you can. Always remember, the most important things in life are not things!
agree, the best advises always are the ones your parents can give and having a Dad with more than 50 years in the cattle business is a great advantage. He bagan helping my grandmom when he was almost 16, when Grandpa pass away in May 1952.

Latest posts