Beginners you don't need to buy a stock trailer.

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a picture of how our friends in Eastern Europe haul one cow at a time

cid_006501ca04dd_ce4f2fa0_462B5254_your03667082de_edited.jpg

3waycross":3c8xb52p said:
Just wanted to share a picture of how our friends in Eastern Europe haul one cow at a time

cid_006501ca04dd_ce4f2fa0_462B5254_your03667082de_edited.jpg

That not europe it's MN and that's angries car!

I'm not that embarrassed that ya'll know how I transport cattle now, but boy is my face red for not pointing the a$$ toward the passenger side.

dun":3l2bn5ni said:
That not europe it's MN and that's angries car!
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration.
Thomas Edison

(With all the perspiration that went into that inspiration, I'm a genius for sure!! :idea: You try getting a cow into the back seat, it ain't pretty :help: .)

Watch your back old man....... :compute:

knowknews,
Is that another ear stickin up behind that young man also?
Either way, you got to respect gettin' it done with what you got.

LOL yea that's one of the two baby goats we also brought home that day. I still have a stinky Jeep.

LOL, I think that might be a relative on Mr. HD's side.. :lol2:

Angie, you brought on that smart @ss comment by Dun ,remember those beauties you brought home in your pick up last year and your calf "Joan" kept licking you in the ear.. :lol2: :lol: :p :help:

so oddest ways you have ever transported livestock...

Not as good as the original post but we once had a man buy a new born calf who didnt have a trailer and for some reason preferred it not be on the floor in the cab. The solution was putting the spare tire up to the calfs stomach while it was laying on its side and tying its legs aroudn it. We didnt give the man a guarantee with our job but he said it worked for him and it got the job done.

You can get 2 of 'em in a quad cab pickup,......3 if you use the front seat,....but I could never keep the one in the front from drinkin my coffee.

My Uncle and his family were visiting us from Wisconsin. He wanted some of my Dad's feeder pigs. So he put them in the trunk of his car and poured a bottle of old spice after shave in there with them and took off for their eight hour trip home..... I think he sold that car.

When I bought calves in Illinois I've but two of them into a VW beetle. One on the back seat, one behind the back seat in that nifty little compartment between the seat back and the glass. It was great.. they were twin roan heifers.. named them "V" and "W".

rearview_mirror.JPG

Normally I'd tie them, but the two calves I've brought back from the other farm so far this calving have been rather premature - they weren't going to start climbing anywhere.

Latest posts