before and after

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes

Reaction score
IMG_4360_1.jpg

IMG_4358_1.jpg

IMG_4451_1.jpg

IMG_4450_1.jpg

We had 3 hail storms this year. The first one hit the house and roof pretty hard. So we now have a "new" house. I was thinking the carpenters were too slow getting it done, but between the green wrapper and finished siding we had another hailstorm as bad or worse. Lots of people that had redone their roof or siding have to do it again.

We put on vinyl siding and steel shingles. We ay or may ot put on shutters, I wanted to look at it this way for a while bfore we did anything.

Next year we will repaint the bottom brown blocks and re-landscape.

The silos aren't used anymore. My FIL used to feed cattle and we still have cows but don't use them. They will not be torn down though because one happens to have my hubby and I's birth year on it and the other has our name.

We've had a lot of positive comments about the house, but of course no one is going to say they don't like it to my face. :D

I vote for white shudders. :D :D
You have a great looking house. It stand's out much better then the white.

watch that vinly siding though. Had a hail storm knock some holes in the in laws double wide.

I vote black shutters, or a real dark charcoal gray. I think it would set off the color of the house nicely. It would set off the white trim and make it pop and it would also look good with the shingles.

The roof is brown and the trim is tan. It's hard to tell on the pic, so if we would do something else, it would have to be one of those two colors. I'm really puzzled about the landscaping, so any ideas are welcome. Don't really want to do anything with water as it would be frozen or full of windblown leaves most of the time. :D

The house would look good with or without shutters....personally I like the simplicity of it without the shutters. Sort of reminds me of one of those Amish homes except it's not white....try it a while like this and if you get tired of it add the shutters.

Did you ever refurbish the house? We have a old farmhouse on our property that we are thinking maybe it would be a project and a cheaper way to get into a bigger house? Just curious if anyone has ever done something like that. This one we have needs alot of work, so I am not sure it would be worth it. it has the post oak, hardwood floors, but everything else is in sad shape. I should post a pic.

GMN

We have gradually done things. My in laws added the one part in '75. We have since redone 2 of the 4 bedrooms and the bathroom upstairs for the kids. We resheetrocked the living room from the beautiful 1975 fake wood paneling. Last year we redid the dining and kitchen area. My next project(who knows when) will be the bathroom/master bedroom on the main floor.

Latest posts