Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
This was back in March
P1000117.jpg

This is early October
P1000264.jpg

P1000265.jpg

I moved this heifer to my weaning pasture a couple weeks ago.

Those brahman cows sure can make the milk. Great looking heifer. You keeping her as a replacement?

ga.prime, she grew so fast, her body had to be sore. She is a nice calf. Her Mama looked like a good one. It is amazing how much longer a Brahman cow's face is then when bred with another breed, how much it shortens. I think the cattle crossed with Brahman have the prettiest coats. They all seem so much slicker. Their skin looks softer than the other cattle breeds too. Looks like the flies would like that better. Since the deal is made over the Brahmans about their skin, is there a difference in the leather when tanned? Seems it would be softer and more pliable than the other breeds.

I have that calf's twin in my replacement pen. Well, maybe I should go look and see if she is still there. :lol:

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I will keep her as a replacement. Chuckie, yeah, there was some serious heterosis action going on here. I completely agree with you on your view of Bra.X's having the prettiest, slickest coats. I don't know if the leather is any different than others though after tanning. Beefy, I'll PM you on where I got my Brahmans.

Latest posts