Beer/Whiskey

Help Support CattleToday:

I been trying to learn to drink red wine for the alleged health benefits.....
have two bottles in the fridge and just can't get in the habit.

cross_7":1u8ou0y9 said:
butter milk and sometimes i get a little wild and crumble up a some corn bread in it.
I was raised on that "drink". Still love it if I can find some home churned buttermilk. I use to drink a lot of Old Milwaukee..loved the dam stuff too. Then switched to MGD and liked it even better. Bought some a while back adn could hardly drink it. Managed to finally drink the whole six pack but it took a couple hours. :shock: Drink some George Dickel from time to time and Crown when trying to impress visitors.

Hel who am I fooling....I'll drink nearly anything. Especially if it's FREE :lol2:

Tequila does that for me. A bottle of Patron convinced me one night many years ago that I could win an armwrasslin with a guy who was 250lbs of solid muscle. I weighed a solid 165 at the time. I can still use that arm , just not very well.

pdfangus":ajz4euq3 said:

Try taking them out of the fridge and drink it at room temperature - guarantee it will be smoother, tastier and all around better!

I gonna guess most everyone knows my beer of choice.
The brown liquor I don't drink much of. Maybe once a year.

I don't drink much since I recognize I have a problem knowing the bottle still has some in it and I hate to leave a job half finished so I restrain myself in so far as possible. However, my body requires the occassional purging of demons on at least a bi-annual basis and when this is required I prefer something on the dark side, preferably cooked but not aged over a year.

goddy":bcf1b9hu said:
pdfangus":bcf1b9hu said:

Try taking them out of the fridge and drink it at room temperature - guarantee it will be smoother, tastier and all around better!

sounds simple until you factor in my wife....city girl and everything has to go in the fridge...or in the trash....
I quit trying to retrain her years ago....she almost had a stroke when I forbid her to put my honey in the fridge. I actually had to sacrifice a little to show her that honey would go crystal in the refrigerator and last forever on the shelf.

I used to make all my own beer and had a Newcastle clone that I'd brew in twenty gallon batches... That's what turned my into a drunk. It was a little to good. :nod:
Now I stick with original Coors and I can keep that to a minimum but I still like it. Thank God I don't have time to brew anymore.
I haven't had a drop of whiskey since my teenage years and don't care if I ever have another.

I do make mandarin orange and persimmon mead every year for my wife but I've learned to leave it alone. :hide: Just a sip to taste test and then forget that it's even in the house while I'm still sober enough to have such a complex thought process as forgetting about something.

Jack n coke or Gentleman Jack n coke is my "go to" beverage. Once in a while, I hanker for "American Honey" on the rocks. Always up for Merlot with a meal, I cook with it quite a bit too. Not big on white wines or champagne. Never could acquire a taste for beer. And I really tried when I was younger 'cuz that's what everybody drank. Tequila - once in a great while. Found a warm, smooth Resposado that is dangerously good. Thankfully for my brain cells, it is very expensive and we are too cheap to "stock" it.

Well, I'm not given to confessions (because of, or despite of; bein' raised Catholic) But clearly beer in any form is good. I don't have much experience with "clear" drinks, except a college buddy drank a quart of 151 rum one night (he was about to get married). I'm surprised it didn't kill him. But Makers Mark is my bourbon when calves are high. Beam when they're cheap. Other than that, I enjoy anything with alcohol just for the research value.
One note--do not drink amoretto on a sunday afternoon with an irish woman. You'll never think of almonds the same way.

Amaretto as in amaretto sours? Don't know about almonds but that does mentally teleport me back to another time and that day was worth remembering.