Been a rough night here, bad wreck right out front, bad

Help Support CattleToday:

You done good GB. I understand your desire to want to know more, but feel awkward about it at the same time. Try talking to the LEO's. They might be able to share some details of what happened that wouldn't compromise the kids privacy. It can help you have some peace, too.

FWIW. That's the same car I drive, GB. They weren't hot dogging. The Land Rover Discovery is all about off road/marginal condition handling and ability. Full time 4 wheel drive, but pretty gutless. They cruise fine when up to speed, but take a while to get there. They are high center of gravity, however. If something spooked them or there was an oncoming vehicle and they swerved too hard, they'll flip pretty easy. steering is very tight and responsive. An over correction can be bad. They're a lot like driving a jeep. And some models have two jump seats in the rear cargo area so there is seating for up to 7

Got a call a from a young lady a little while ago thanking us for looking after her puppy. She is back home sore and stiff but no permanent injuries. The puppy has been transferred to a vet nearer the young lady's home.

All parties survived the accident, most are at home already. One is having surgery today on her back and neck--I presume that one was the girl on the stretcher that looked so bad and was life flighted to Houston. I didn't talk long, but I did tell her someone was sure looking over them that night, that 2nd chances are rare--make the most out of life and live every day as a happy one.
I hope she and all of them live very long and happy lives.

I also spoke to the owner of the vehicle, the girl's uncle, and answered what questions I could, gave directions to get to the accident scene which they wanted to see.
I'm glad she called--been worried about 'em since it happened.
So ends another page from one of the waning chapters of my life.

That's awesome news gb. Sounds like they are truly lucky to be alive. There but for the grace of god

I am happy that they called and you can get some closure. The human body sometimes is tougher than we think. You made a good impression on the young lady and may have helped shape her outlook on us fellow humans. We should all remember that there are a lot of very good people in this world that we never get the chance to hear about. I am very glad that you had the opportunity to help these kids in very traumatic time in there lives. May God bless you and the ones dear to you!

We have a calling and learn to do what is needed to do it again and again.
Being a little crazy helps! Have a sense of humor too.

Latest posts