Been a interesting month

Help Support CattleToday:

It is unfortunate the toll these things can take on a person
Yes sure is. Wifes friends husband named Denny Flynn was a bull rider. Inducted into the cowboy hall of fame i think is what he was inducted into. You ever hear of him.

Was talking to him a few years ago and if i remember right he got gored by a bull one time. Seems like he said the horn just missed his liver.

He use to have a bull ridding clinic set up at his place. I don't know if he still does or not.

Yes sure is. Wifes friends husband named Denny Flynn was a bull rider. Inducted into the cowboy hall of fame i think is what he was inducted into. You ever hear of him.

Was talking to him a few years ago and if i remember right he got gored by a bull one time. Seems like he said the horn just missed his liver.

He use to have a bull ridding clinic set up at his place. I don't know if he still does or not.
I was wrong about missing his liver. I googled it and it said the bulls horn penetrated 10 inches missing his heart by 1/2 inch. Said he rode to the hospital in a pick up truckholding his intestine. Interesting read. You should google it sometime and read about Denney.

"It is better to die while you are living than to live while you are dead."

Sounds good when you're young and full of piss and vinegar. But it would be nice if a person knew when to quit just before you don't get killed but injured enough you wish you died.

Sounds like your more suited for calf roping..not as many buckle bunnies Hanging on you, but better quality ..

I was wrong about missing his liver. I googled it and it said the bulls horn penetrated 10 inches missing his heart by 1/2 inch. Said he rode to the hospital in a pick up truckholding his intestine. Interesting read. You should google it sometime and read about Denney.
I don't remember ever hearing about him but I do recognize some of his pictures

I don't remember ever hearing about him but I do recognize some of his pictures
He's 69 years old now. He was probably near the end of his career anout the time you were born.

He's 69 years old now. He was probably near the end of his career anout the time you were born.
Says he retired in 1985 so 15 years before I was born. And I didn't really follow bull riding or rodeo before I started myself which was in 2019

I think bull riding is crazy but none of us have room to talk. I mow some really steep pastures which is about as dangerous and unrewarding as what your doing.

I've also been know to cut firewood in the dark.

Anyway, glad your doing better, I'm sure you'd like to have that bull on your grill right now.

Says he retired in 1985 so 15 years before I was born. And I didn't really follow bull riding or rodeo before I started myself which was in 2019
He was inducted into alot things still holds the second highest record in rough stock bull riding event. Said he road the bull that nearly killed him in a ceremonial event.

He went to school about 5 miles from where i live. He road in some kind of event were he rode 9 out of 10 bulls before he broke his ankle but had to ride all 10 bulls to win something or another. So he rode the 10 th bull with a broke ankle to win whatever it was that he won.

He was inducted into alot things still holds the second highest record in rough stock bull riding event. Said he road the bull that nearly killed him in a ceremonial event.

He went to school about 5 miles from where i live. He road in some kind of event were he rode 9 out of 10 bulls before he broke his ankle but had to ride all 10 bulls to win something or another. So he rode the 10 th bull with a broke ankle to win whatever it was that he won.
Yes reading about him he had a very successful career. He rode his 10th bull with a broken ankle at the NFR which is the very best rodeo competitor's in the country competing on the best stock in the country. It is pretty much the pinnacle of the rodeo world

He is as about as good of a person as i have ever met. He never mentioned anything at all about being a bull rider the first couple of times that i talked to him. I didn't even know he used to ride bulls until one day when i was going by a place in Fort Smith Arkansas called K Rogers Park. That's where they hold alot of big rodeos and is the Fair Grounds, concerts etc....

Had a load of materials on my trailer that was untarped. It was fixing to come a big rain and I didn't want my materials to get rained on.

They have a big warm up pen along with other shelters that I knew if whoever was the manager of the place would let me pull my truck and trailer under until that storm passed I could keep my materials dry.

So i pulled in and a secretary took me to the office and Denny was the manager over all of that.

My wife and daughter are friends with Dennys wife and daughter. I had heard of Denny through them. But when i went in his office to see if i could park my trailer under one of their shelters. There was these big life sized poster under plexi glass on the walls of Denny ridding a bull and stuff.

That was when i first learned he was a bull rider. He didn't bost about it or bragg about his bull ridding career. I think he mentioned something about when he was gored by that bull.

He said I could leave my trailer there as long as I wanted too ! A real nice fella.

He is as about as good of a person as i have ever met. He never mentioned anything at all about being a bull rider the first couple of times that i talked to him. I didn't even know he used to ride bulls until one day when i was going by a place in Fort Smith Arkansas called K Rogers Park. That's where they hold alot of big rodeos and is the Fair Grounds, concerts etc....

Had a load of materials on my trailer that was untarped. It was fixing to come a big rain and I didn't want my materials to get rained on.

They have a big warm up pen along with other shelters that I knew if whoever was the manager of the place would let me pull my truck and trailer under until that storm passed I could keep my materials dry.

So i pulled in and a secretary took me to the office and Denny was the manager over all of that.

My wife and daughter are friends with Dennys wife and daughter. I had heard of Denny through them. But when i went in his office to see if i could park my trailer under one of their shelters. There was these big life sized poster under plexi glass on the walls of Denny ridding a bull and stuff.

That was when i first learned he was a bull rider. He didn't bost about it or bragg about his bull ridding career. I think he mentioned something about when he was gored by that bull.

He said I could leave my trailer there as long as I wanted too ! A real nice fella.

That article really describes Dennys nature well. He is just that kind of person. The kind of person you can truly say it was nice to meet.

How many people do you know that would reply back to someone who asked him if he was scared when he had his abdomen ripped open by a bull's horns and was having to hold his intestine in while riding to the hospital in a pick up truck.

Answering by saying in a calm quiet voice. " yes it's kind of scary holding your intestines in your hands. "

Would probably fit my build a lot better!
I swore I would never get into bull riding. I wanted to rope but that just didn't work out. But I wanted to rodeo so I decided to give bull riding a try.
My physique was perfect for bull riding and I did somewhat better with that than roping. I became addicted to it.

When I quit I had to go cold turkey. Could not even watch a rodeo for a long time. Like Dave said, even now if I even watch bull riding on the computer thoughts come into my mind wondering where the next rodeo is to enter.
People that know I used to ride bulls and know something about my back problems today say they bet that now I wish I had never done all that. My response is that if I had it to do over again I would just try to do more of it.

You have it inside or you don't. Those that don't will never understand.

That article really describes Dennys nature well. He is just that kind of person. The kind of person you can truly say it was nice to meet.

How many people do you know that would reply back to someone who asked him if he was scared when he had his abdomen ripped open by a bull's horns and was having to hold his intestine in while riding to the hospital in a pick up truck.

Answering by saying in a calm quiet voice. " yes it's kind of scary holding your intestines in your hands. "

From what i read there has only been one bull rider get a score of 100. Denny had a score of 98 at some bull riding event.

Latest posts